Americans Down on America, 9.2% decline in freedom, only 28% believe &

caulfield12

Interesting article. Obama and the pigheads in Congress should be embarrassed they have been in charge during a horrific six year period in which just about every aspect of life in the United States of America has gone downhill FAST.

It's very embarrassing for Obama, who seems to have washed his hands of it all. He basically has blamed the pigheads in Congress and is just playing out the string so to speak.

Very sad. But King Obama, the man we'd elect again and again if we could, has been President during one of the darkest periods in U.S. history. The decline of a great great nation is sad to experience.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)
Interesting article. Obama and the pigheads in Congress should be embarrassed they have been in charge during a horrific six year period in which just about every aspect of life in the United States of America has gone downhill FAST.

It's very embarrassing for Obama, who seems to have washed his hands of it all. He basically has blamed the pigheads in Congress and is just playing out the string so to speak.

Very sad. But King Obama, the man we'd elect again and again if we could, has been President during one of the darkest periods in U.S. history. The decline of a great great nation is sad to experience.

Hilarious!

Don't worry, Americans are still very much over-exuberant about the place they live. Far fewer than 78% can choose adequately what to do with their lives, but who would ever want to declare their own, single life one in which they couldn't do what they want? Us humans are good at telling ourselves that we did the right thing.

I think if more Americans traveled outside the country we'd be much better off. We don't have to do exactly what the rest of the world does, but it'd be nice if the average person even knew what the rest of the world was up to.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Don't worry, Americans are still very much over-exuberant about the place they live. Far fewer than 78% can choose adequately what to do with their lives, but who would ever want to declare their own, single life one in which they couldn't do what they want? Us humans are good at telling ourselves that we did the right thing.

I think if more Americans traveled outside the country we'd be much better off. We don't have to do exactly what the rest of the world does, but it'd be nice if the average person even knew what the rest of the world was up to.

The last part would seriously depend on where you go...there are places I wouldn't want to be -- ever -- and places I love to visit, but I always love coming home. That said, my absolute favorite place to travel is right here, the US of A.

This entire study, if it can be called that, is a complete matter of perspective (or lack thereof), not to mention opinion.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)

Pontius Pilate=Obama

Obama is watching idly as belief in Jesus/God has been crucified.

Got it. (Of course, every Democratic politician other than Jimmy Carter has been accused of that particular crime).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
The last part would seriously depend on where you go...there are places I wouldn't want to be -- ever -- and places I love to visit, but I always love coming home. That said, my absolute favorite place to travel is right here, the US of A.

This entire study, if it can be called that, is a complete matter of perspective (or lack thereof), not to mention opinion.

Yeah, hence the near-term reactions or overreactions in Cambodia and Thailand, for example.

Anyone who has travelled extensively to both places would pick Thailand, except for the presence of Angkor Wat, which is can't miss.

I love the US. Think it's on the right track. You actually learn to appreciate the lack of corruption in the US. You may think the US is corrupt, but you have no idea how hard it is to remove corruption when it is actually embedded in a culture (bribes/tax avoidance/etc)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
Hilarious!

You don't agree that things have worsened considerably in all aspects (economy including gas prices, society, environment) during the Obama era? It's truly depressing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
You don't agree that things have worsened considerably in all aspects (economy including gas prices, society, environment) during the Obama era? It's truly depressing.

It's hard to argue all aspects since the stock market was collapsing two months before the 2008 election and now it is at an all-time high again.

Gas prices and environmental problems were just as bad or worse under Bush.

Society...I'm not even sure how you can quantify that...wouldn't most older and middle-aged Americans have said society was getting much worse in the 60's and early 70's, the era of "free love" and rampant drug use and where you had universities being occupied by protesters?

Remember the 1970's when there was an oil shortage/rationing...the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland caught on fire, 3 Mile Island, rampant inflation, etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)

If you think gas is expensive here, go elsewhere and find it's more expensive for a single liter (not a gallon).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)

Were you born some time in 2010 or 2011?

I think the problem is in singling out the Obama era. I believe that, aside from chunks of Reagan's and Clinton's presidencies, this country has been getting worse my entire lifetime.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I think the problem is in singling out the Obama era. I believe that, aside from chunks of Reagan's and Clinton's presidencies, this country has been getting worse my entire lifetime.

It's actually been getting better, the only thing that's changed is your knowledge and understanding (perspective) of the times. Every generation since this countries inception has said things are getting worse while they were getting better, and this one is no different.

I have some news for you ... the kids are alright.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)

See, that's the thing. You don't even have to come to the conclusion that everywhere or anywhere else is better, you just benefit immensely from the perspective gained

I have some bad news for people: the extraordinary circumstances of the 40s-60s US economy probably will not be recreated by any country that wasn't severely underachieving for the last 200 years without a substantial tech improvement to increase productivity.

Instead you'll have to deal with a stable government, high wages, low prices and low land costs. Waaa waaaaa, this country is terrible waaa

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 12:31 AM)

In 2008, sometime around November/December, there's a post from me here saying "if credit default swaps destroy the world I'm going to be really pissed."

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
I love the US. Think it's on the right track. You actually learn to appreciate the lack of corruption in the US. You may think the US is corrupt, but you have no idea how hard it is to remove corruption when it is actually embedded in a culture (bribes/tax avoidance/etc)

As always, bmags with some hilarious sarcasm.