**Gary Johnson 2016 election thread**

Brian

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Up to around 12%. Needs to reach 15% to get into debate.

Oh man, GJ in the debates will be a riot.

He was squirming when my editor interviewed him. I'd love to see how he reacts on the national stage.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Oh man, GJ in the debates will be a riot.

He was squirming when my editor interviewed him. I'd love to see how he reacts on the national stage.

I have a buddy that has been pumping Johnson and the Libertarian party for months. He was pretty excited for a chance to break through with two unlikeable candidates running. After the Town Hall with Johnson on CNN, he is now voting for Trump. He must be really awful at public speaking, which makes me wonder how he became the nominee? My friend is still a Libertarian, but couldn't vote for Johnson after that I guess.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
I have a buddy that has been pumping Johnson and the Libertarian party for months. He was pretty excited for a chance to break through with two unlikeable candidates running. After the Town Hall with Johnson on CNN, he is now voting for Trump. He must be really awful at public speaking, which makes me wonder how he became the nominee? My friend is still a Libertarian, but couldn't vote for Johnson after that I guess.

I mean, he sounds great for five minutes, then you hear his policies and want to laugh in his face.

I was in the room next to the studio and had to repeatedly stifle laughter.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
What were you laughing at specifically?

His general unease. He was being interviewed by a social media news company on a FB livestream and looked unsettled. Imagining that in a debate is hysterical.

Now, he's a realest so I'll give him that. But saying guns work in Israel means they'd work here is laughable. That removing all taxes is a good idea because a can of pop will be $.73 and not $1.

It was just so rough to watch.

If the Libertarian Party could turn their libertarian-ness down from like an 8 to a 4, they'd actually be relevant.

Their top-level message sounds really appealing and then once you dig into the party platform, you find all sorts of garbage.

That being said, they have a decent chance of getting my protest vote again (bleh). If my state looks like Trump has a shot to win, I'll have to vote Hillary.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
If the Libertarian Party could turn their libertarian-ness down from like an 8 to a 4, they'd actually be relevant.

Their top-level message sounds really appealing and then once you dig into the party platform, you find all sorts of garbage.

That being said, they have a decent chance of getting my protest vote again (bleh). If my state looks like Trump has a shot to win, I'll have to vote Hillary.

Same for the Green Party.

The thing is they need to tone it back a bit, then boom, relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Please don't help to elect donald trump as president of the United States of America.

i would think if anything he will pull from the Trump support more than the Clinton support.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
i would think if anything he will pull from the Trump support more than the Clinton support.

Normally I would agree. In this case I believe there is a sizable "anyone but these two" contingent that is attracted to any halfway viable candidate that we don't know as much about as these two.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
Normally I would agree. In this case I believe there is a sizable "anyone but these two" contingent that is attracted to any halfway viable candidate that we don't know as much about as these two.

I agree. I just think it will pull more from trump.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
I agree. I just think it will pull more from trump.

I agree but more along the lines of 55-45 not 90-10 or something really lopsided.