Nate Jones expects to be ready for Opener

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2018 -> 03:00 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan Nate Jones holding nothing back, expects to be ready for #WhiteSox opener. With video.

Hopefully, he's finally modified his mechanics to keep the arm/elbow from dragging behind his trunk. Although with the ulnar nerve moved, the only thing left would be the UCL. Hopefully, the reconstruction holds up.

Jones really is our final big trading chip. The injury history will scare people, but he is REALLY f***ING GOOD. Considering his contract, I really do think he could bring back a top 100 guy + others.

Or maybe something like Jones to the Nationals for LHP Seth Romero (#5 prospect) and SS/3B Yasel Antuna (#8 prospect).

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 02:44 AM)
Jones really is our final big trading chip. The injury history will scare people, but he is REALLY f***ING GOOD. Considering his contract, I really do think he could bring back a top 100 guy + others.

Or maybe something like Jones to the Nationals for LHP Seth Romero (#5 prospect) and SS/3B Yasel Antuna (#8 prospect).

No way the Nats make that deal.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 12:44 AM)

Pretty wishful thinking but thats OK with me. We got Rutherford, Clarkin, Polo, Clippard from the Yanks for 2 pretty good relievers without much injury histoy and Frazier, Not really expecting much of anything for him .

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 03:44 AM)

Don't the Sox have enough on the farm? Obviously have to maintain it (Draft, shopping fliers like Soaria, Bruce Rondon, etc.) but the fire sale is over

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 09:34 AM)
Don't the Sox have enough on the farm? Obviously have to maintain it (Draft, shopping fliers like Soaria, Bruce Rondon, etc.) but the fire sale is over

No it isn't. They should still be listening on guys like Abreu, Garcia, Jones, any minor league signing pitching well, and Castillo.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 09:38 AM)
No it isn't. They should still be listening on guys like Abreu, Garcia, Jones, any minor league signing pitching well, and Castillo.

Just like with previous trade, they need to weigh the benefits of what they can get for him vs. how much he can help the team in the future. with his injury history, he is probably worth more to the Sox than what they can get for him.

However, if he has a great first half, who knows.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 10:38 AM)

People that want to move Abreu absolutely amaze me

I'd like Garcia to stay if he proves himself this year, but understand shopping him while his value is high

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 10:14 AM)
People that want to move Abreu absolutely amaze me

I'd like Garcia to stay if he proves himself this year, but understand shopping him while his value is high

Did I say I want to move Abreu? It all depends on what is offered. Also Hahn hinted that they could be brought back as free agents (Abreu and Garcia).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 09:34 AM)

Trading Jones wouldn't be a fire sale move. Really good relievers are wasted on rebuilding teams, as their half-life is really short. I doubt Jones is here in 12 months, unless 2018 is injury plagued again.