Draft Day 1 Thread

Heads22

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Wojo is the pick. Grandal is the target. Limited interest in McGuire.

Odd that he thinks Grandal is still a possibility. From what he and others have tweeted, Yas to the Royals is almost a sure thing.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
If the Royals don't draft Grandal, that'll be fun to watch tonight.

Does anyone know if MLBN is still filming the Sox for The Club? I'd love to see the behind-the-scenes of all of this.

I believe I read that they are indeed being filmed in tonight's war room for the show.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
If the Royals don't draft Grandal, that'll be fun to watch tonight.

Does anyone know if MLBN is still filming the Sox for The Club? I'd love to see the behind-the-scenes of all of this.

I read that they taped the war room meeting thing that they had a few days ago where they construct the draft board. If true that will be awesome to watch.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
I'm hoping that Castellanos is still there when we're up.

He very likely will be. I like him alot, but I would be extremely shocked if he was selected. Maybe if he's accidentally listed as a college pitcher we have a chance.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
*Fingers crossed for Castellanos/Wilson/Ranuado*

It'd be insane if Wilson magically fell to the second round (we have no supplemental picks, right?)

Not supp. first rounders. We have a supp. third rounder (pick #114) for failing to sign Morgado though.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
I'll just throw Stetson Allie into the mix as who I think the Sox will take. A hard-throwing HS arm that may end up doing a reverse Sergio Santos...and go play 3B.

Not if you heard Stone and Hawk just go off on how dumb it is to draft high school pitchers. Allie will be a pitcher in the pros, you don't mess with that type of arm.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Why are two teams bidding on a player that one team is entitled to draft due to a higher pick?

It would seem that Grandal would then demand more money from KC, which could make them think of not drafting him. Sounds like some shady dealings by the agent. I'm concerned that Mayo and Callis, who are both at the draft, have the Sox taking Loux. Seems like there might be a leak in the Sox organization. With that said, interesting that Keith Law has Loux going 6th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
It would seem that Grandal would then demand more money from KC, which could make them think of not drafting him. Sounds like some shady dealings by the agent. I'm concerned that Mayo and Callis, who are both at the draft, have the Sox taking Loux. Seems like there might be a leak in the Sox organization. With that said, interesting that Keith Law has Loux going 6th.

Right, I understand the concept, but as you said that's shady dealings. I dislike it very much.

While I'm not enamored with most the college arms available at 13, I wouldn't be upset with them. Loux is the exception. Yuck.

Edited by DirtySox