5/12 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 12, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
I dont think there is any rush, but if he keeps tearing it up, do you bat around the idea of bringing Anderson up in the middle of a pennant race?

Given his propensity for the slow start, I'd say not until September, unless something crazy happens.

I know this has been brought up before, but I never saw a good answer. Why is Jacob May hitting in the 9 spot all season instead or 1 of 2 to get him more at bats?

Edited by kevo880

That thing with May is a hard one to figure. Sure, he might be most comfortable down in the order, but it seems pointless in a 142 game schedule to give up an extra 75-100 plate appearances for him. Maybe they think it's best for his development, I don't know. Probably were he to ever start with the White Sox, he'd be exactly in that spot (the Austin Jackson one currently, when he's not hitting 2nd).

QUOTE (kevo880 @ May 12, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I know this has been brought up before, but I never saw a good answer. Why is Jacob May hitting in the 9 spot all season instead or 1 of 2 to get him more at bats?

I think I mentioned this before, but remember, May only effectively had half a season in AA. Now he's in AAA, and coming off his concussion recovery. They're protecting him. He's not a guy they need today, so they want to leave all the pressure off as he adjusts to the level.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
I was going to say the same thing. All over it.

Thanks guys.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 12, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
Hayes left the game. Involved in a base running play the inning before.

I asked a guy I use to get info from Charlotte who usually can help, but he wasn't at that particular game. Tried the Charlotte Media Relations guy too, no word back, but that is the usual stance from them on anything injury-related. So I still don't know how bad it actually was.

I think I mentioned this before, but remember, May only effectively had half a season in AA. Now he's in AAA, and coming off his concussion recovery. They're protecting him. He's not a guy they need today, so they want to leave all the pressure off as he adjusts to the level.

That makes sense. I guess we just hear so much about how he could be up with the team next season taking Jackson's spot. Makes sense if that's not in their plans for next season. If he has a shot at being in the majors next season though he should be getting as many AB's as possible.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ May 13, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
That makes sense. I guess we just hear so much about how he could be up with the team next season taking Jackson's spot. Makes sense if that's not in their plans for next season. If he has a shot at being in the majors next season though he should be getting as many AB's as possible.

They can move him up as the season goes on.

I personally am not as high on May as others, I don't think he's a starting CF in the majors. But I'd be happy to be wrong.