5/13 games

maxjusttyped

I didn't panic at all with Timmy. I knew he'd struggle. I hoped he struggle early to take that as a learning experience. He'll be fine and I look forward to his progression.

I also like Fulmer struggling. Learn from it. He's not ready. Deal with struggles at AA. We're seeing Rodon fast track and is now struggling.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
If they call up Anderson at some point, what will be the likely corresponding move? I kinda feel like they would want Rollins around while he is up. Maybe carry Rollins and Saladino on the bench with Rollins getting some at bats at DH?

The earliest we bring up Anderson is in July IMO. Unless there is an injury

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
I would even say September or the very end of August if he stays hot.

I agree. If we keep winning, then September it is for him.

If we start struggling, and he stays hot, then July is realistic.

There's no reason to rush Anderson.

If Rollins/Saladino are struggling and the team's theoretically falling out of 1st place, the LAST thing they would want to do is desperately try to force him into the line-up until they feel he's 100% ready.

Even if you stuck him at 9th in the batting order, that would be a lot of pressure on him to "inject life" back into the offense.

Best case scenario is we can manage his starts to the best pitching match-ups in games in August or September that aren't critical because we've already clinched a playoff spot. With how tough the AL is this season, there's no guarantees we get to that place.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 14, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
Anderson comes up in September. That will give them a month of experience and he can take over next year

As slow as Anderson starts typically, that is pretty optimistic IMO. I would bet on his learning curve looking more like Avi, than that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
As slow as Anderson starts typically, that is pretty optimistic IMO. I would bet on his learning curve looking more like Avi, than that.

He typically struggles the first little while when he jumps levels. No matter when we call him up, he's probably going to go through some growing pains before he adapts.