Leury Garcia to the DL

southsider2k5

The last time I can recall the Sox being so badly gutted by injuries was 1973 when they used the DL if I remember right over 30 times.

At least the timing is right if it has to happen at all since this is the start of a rebuild anyway.

Even so it is ridiculous and frustrating as hell to me since many of the guys hurt could potentially have been used to upgrade trades and deals.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
My guess would be mid to late July for him. Mid to late June is normal for guys with no MLB roster time previously, + the days he spent in Boston last September.

Ahh, ok...I thought it was right around now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
Ahh, ok...I thought it was right around now.

It is based on service time, so typically it is around now, but that is for guys with no other roster experience. Because Yoan got around 30 days with Boston last year, you have to add that on to whatever the deadline is.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
The last time I can recall the Sox being so badly gutted by injuries was 1973 when they used the DL if I remember right over 30 times.

At least the timing is right if it has to happen at all since this is the start of a rebuild anyway.

Even so it is ridiculous and frustrating as hell to me since many of the guys hurt could potentially have been used to upgrade trades and deals.

10 day DL is a huge factor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
It is based on service time, so typically it is around now, but that is for guys with no other roster experience. Because Yoan got around 30 days with Boston last year, you have to add that on to whatever the deadline is.

I think Larry on SSS said it's like middle of July, which kinda sucks. Sox won't bring him up before then as I don't think they want to have to send him down for a couple weeks later in the year to prevent Super 2.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:56 PM)
I think Larry on SSS said it's like middle of July, which kinda sucks. Sox won't bring him up before then as I don't think they want to have to send him down for a couple weeks later in the year to prevent Super 2.

The Sox aren't big fans of guys going up and down. I think they want to get past the deadlines and call these guys up for good.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
No, but he's the most major league ready bat and we need another positional guy. Hanson & Willy can continue to cover CF in the interim.

He's only a DH, though. His defense isn't playable in the Majors as of now.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
Yeah I'm not sure where they would play him with the current alignment because as of right now, Davidson also deserves every day at bats.

I think that once Frazier is traded, Davidson will be the everyday 3B with Delmonico at DH/occasionally spelling Abreu at 1B.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
I think that once Frazier is traded, Davidson will be the everyday 3B with Delmonico at DH/occasionally spelling Abreu at 1B.

Yeah I believe so too. I was just referring to as of now with Abreu, Frazier, Davidson and Melky currently getting every day at bats.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)

I think once Frazier gets traded, Yoan comes up and becomes a starter at 2B. Then Yolmer becomes a roaming utility guy filling in all over the IF.