Personal attacks on Soxtalk

southsider2k5

Every once in a while it becomes necesary to issue this reminder to the posters, much like an umpire's warning after brushbacks...

We have a rule against personal attacks on Soxtalk. Even a first offense can be worth a 10 day suspension from posting here, depending on how egregious it is. Multiple instances, or particularly ugly episodes can even end up with a poster being banned from Soxtalk. The Admin/Mod staff has noticed that this has been happening too much lately, and instead of chasing around everyone involved, we figured it was easier to make a broad and general warning for the entire audience. There is no need to call names and just generally troll each other.

From here forward, anymore personal attacks can and will result in suspensions of posting privledges as appropriate.

Remember, you can debate the topic all you like. But the moment your response turns from the topic, to the person posting the topic, you have crossed the line.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
If this is related to a certain someone calling a certain RBI in a certain gamethread yesterday..

I would like to apologize, but damn, that was pretty funny.

It would be funny to see half the board get a 10 day suspension ;)

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
If this is related to a certain someone calling a certain RBI in a certain gamethread yesterday..

I would like to apologize, but damn, that was pretty funny.

In a game thread, there's a difference between saying "oh f*** you" in a way that's in jest and clearly making it personal. Up to a point we'll look the other way on the ones that are "clearly pretty funny" but there's a level of control necessary.

Same thing with some of the language used regarding players and managers.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
"Calling a player ugly" is kind of a euphemistic way of putting what you did. You were actively trying to get a nickname to stick that was making fun of a player's appearance. You just have to remember when talking about common people that not everyone is as dapper as JoeCool.

Piano mouth. I remember that s***.

I don't want to start anything but I can't believe Chicago White Sox thinks I'm a Royals fan. Trust me I hate the Royals. I get plenty of offers to go to games with people and I always say no unless they are playing the Sox. If they were in the NL it might be different and I might want to go. I'm not interested in watching them for 3 hours unless they are playing the Sox. Although I did watch the World Series and most of the playoffs of course.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
I don't want to start anything but I can't believe Chicago White Sox thinks I'm a Royals fan. Trust me I hate the Royals. I get plenty of offers to go to games with people and I always say no unless they are playing the Sox. If they were in the NL it might be different and I might want to go. I'm not interested in watching them for 3 hours unless they are playing the Sox. Although I did watch the World Series and most of the playoffs of course.

Greg relax. Don't let some angry poster get your panties in a bunch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Every once in a while it becomes necesary to issue this reminder to the posters, much like an umpire's warning after brushbacks...

We have a rule against personal attacks on Soxtalk. Even a first offense can be worth a 10 day suspension from posting here, depending on how egregious it is. Multiple instances, or particularly ugly episodes can even end up with a poster being banned from Soxtalk. The Admin/Mod staff has noticed that this has been happening too much lately, and instead of chasing around everyone involved, we figured it was easier to make a broad and general warning for the entire audience. There is no need to call names and just generally troll each other.

From here forward, anymore personal attacks can and will result in suspensions of posting privledges as appropriate.

Remember, you can debate the topic all you like. But the moment your response turns from the topic, to the person posting the topic, you have crossed the line.

Thanks.

Thank you for the post. We should always strive for respect towards one another and to support the White Sox

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Thank you for the post. We should always strive for respect towards one another and to support the White Sox

do you mean i have to start being nice to southsider2k5..... on man. you just ruin my day.

:angry:

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
What can I say, I've been rehabilitated through the Soxtalk judicial process. I'm a changed man. :lol:

Haha yeah, same. I think I was banned for a whole year at one point. Woof.

I was just a kid then..

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
Some guy called him a douchebag in yesterday's gamethread.

yeah i saw that. i was going to say something, i quickly remember, the last time i step in i lost my temper which compounded it.

that and i know, in my heart, these mods/admin will not let that shiiite go by, without correcting it. these guys are just too fair.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Haha yeah, same. I think I was banned for a whole year at one point. Woof.

I was just a kid then..

;)

well it comes to sports and a sports forum, aren't we all just kids, regardless of age???