PK number retirement game 5/23 almost sold out

southsider2k5

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Sox should be ashamed of themselves for selling SRO tickets for $75. I'm in a season ticket package so it doesn't affect me. But still to charge that much for SRO tickets is shameful. I think it's another PR mistake for the White Sox.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ May 20, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
The White Sox should be ashamed of themselves for selling SRO tickets for $75. I'm in a season ticket package so it doesn't affect me. But still to charge that much for SRO tickets is shameful. I think it's another PR mistake for the White Sox.

lol. This is the one time this year they will be able to sell SRO. I'd be more pissed if they didn't take advantage of it.

Yeah, they should sell them for $20 to brokers who will sell them for $75.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ May 20, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)

I don't see any reason not to sell tickets at market rate.

Do you get mad when playoff tickets cost more as well? I mean come on, it's basic business supply/demand. They are smart to jack up those SRO seats.

Go on stubhub and get $20 UD tickets if you're concerned about price.

This'll be my first time at a sellout in years, since I usually can't make it to Opening Day (and didn't make it to last year's PK night) and even those Red Sox and Yankees series haven't been sellouts the last couple of years. I was at the last game of the year last season. That was close, but not quite sellout. Looking forward to the atmosphere, especially with Sale on the mound, but I'll make sure I hit all of the concessions early.

This'll be my first time at a sellout in years, since I usually can't make it to Opening Day (and didn't make it to last year's PK night) and even those Red Sox and Yankees series haven't been sellouts the last couple of years. I was at the last game of the year last season. That was close, but not quite sellout. Looking forward to the atmosphere, especially with Sale on the mound, but I'll make sure I hit all of the concessions early.

I went to Sale bobblehead day vs the Yankees last year, and if it wasn't a sellout, it was awfully close.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 21, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
I went to Sale bobblehead day vs the Yankees last year, and if it wasn't a sellout, it was awfully close.

Looks like over 33k. THe next day was a Family Sunday and Jeter's last game in Chicago...that was over 39k. So I stand corrected; that was a sellout for all intents and purposes.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 21, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)

I went to that too and the line to get through security was pretty rough. Since the PK game this Saturday will be even more attended, I'd recommend that anyone going get there a couple hours early.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
SRO only available. parking lots are opening at 11am. Team asking people to be in seats by 2:25 for ceremony.

If I lived in the Chicagoland area I would be there. Hope the weather cooperates and the fans pack the Cell. Paulie deserves this day