AJP is returning to the White Sox

southsider2k5

Mark Gonzales‏ @MDGonzales 1m1 minute ago AJ looks forward to working a broadcast with Hawk, wouldn't rule out managing if asked

1. Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 5m5 minutes ago A.J. Pierzynski wants to broadcast a game with Ken Harrelson in 2018. 'We'll make it happen," he promised. Also has interest in coaching or managing one day.

Chuck Garfien‏Verified account @ChuckGarfien 5m5 minutes ago

2. AJ says he “will move heaven and Earth” to do a game with Hawk this season. Sounds like it’s going to happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
Mark Gonzales‏ @MDGonzales 1m1 minute ago AJ looks forward to working a broadcast with Hawk, wouldn't rule out managing if asked

1. Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 5m5 minutes ago A.J. Pierzynski wants to broadcast a game with Ken Harrelson in 2018. 'We'll make it happen," he promised. Also has interest in coaching or managing one day.

Chuck Garfien‏Verified account @ChuckGarfien 5m5 minutes ago

2. AJ says he “will move heaven and Earth” to do a game with Hawk this season. Sounds like it’s going to happen.

This stuns me. Never would've thought he would show any interest.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 04:04 PM)
The second part of this is something I hadn't seen yet, and is very noteworthy.

James Fegan‏ @JRFegan 21m21 minutes ago Jose Contreras is also coming back to the White Sox as an ambassador and helping international prospects acclimate to living in the US

It's crazy how long teams have ignored helping out with things like that. So concerned about on the field, not even thinking about how adapting to a new country can affect your on the field performance

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
I still have severe doubts about this. But maybe his views have chaqnged

Catchers usually get shots at being a manager and many are successful at it. I honestly believe young players could get behind his personality. He’s got fire, he’s a gamer and does whatever it takes to get an advantage and win. Plus he calls a great game and has fun. Sure, a lot of guys are punks when they’re young and he’s no exception...but what better voice for a modern day punk to find maturity. His will to win won out over everything else. He’s a perfect managerial candidate in my opinion. Can he win?! Who knows...but the guy would get a shot if he ever wanted one, I’m sure.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
Catchers usually get shots at being a manager and many are successful at it. I honestly believe young players could get behind his personality. He’s got fire, he’s a gamer and does whatever it takes to get an advantage and win. Plus he calls a great game and has fun. Sure, a lot of guys are punks when they’re young and he’s no exception...but what better voice for a modern day punk to find maturity. His will to win won out over everything else. He’s a perfect managerial candidate in my opinion. Can he win?! Who knows...but the guy would get a shot if he ever wanted one, I’m sure.

This is true. However, throughout his career even into his 30's he showed absolutely no signs of even being polite let alone wanted to work with most people.

I don't think young people would respond to his personality. The young people in our grad program want to perceive themselves as near equals to most others and want respect immediately. Which there is nothing wrong with. however, I don't think that would go over well with AJ's personality. Again, unless he has changed drastically since he retired.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 11:18 PM)
This is true. However, throughout his career even into his 30's he showed absolutely no signs of even being polite let alone wanted to work with most people.

I don't think young people would respond to his personality. The young people in our grad program want to perceive themselves as near equals to most others and want respect immediately. Which there is nothing wrong with. however, I don't think that would go over well with AJ's personality. Again, unless he has changed drastically since he retired.

Corporate America deals with the challenge of dealing with millennial attitudes every day these days. Surprised we don’t read more about that as it relates to professional sports.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:41 PM)
Corporate America deals with the challenge of dealing with millennial attitudes every day these days. Surprised we don't read more about that as it relates to professional sports.

lmao, what does AJ's attitude problems have to do with anything with millennials?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:41 PM)
Corporate America deals with the challenge of dealing with millennial attitudes every day these days. Surprised we don’t read more about that as it relates to professional sports.

I think you do.

In the MLB more managers are being hired to manage the players not the game. With the move towards "stats managing" the managers aren't involved in the game as much.

In the NFL you see the "players coach" type not the Bill Parcells type. Look at all the new hires. They are younger than some of the players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 07:42 AM)
I don't think kicking coworkers in the nuts works well at any age level, but maybe that is just me.

Well. I'm assuming that he has matured a little beyond the actual physical confrontations.