2017 Draft prospect preview:Jeren Kendall, Vanderbilt

southsider2k5

I really really really want to want Kendall, but in the future sox forum we found an article on strikeout rates in college and success correlationa nd he was in the tier beyond mark reynolds. I just don't know if he can do it.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 25, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
I really really really want to want Kendall, but in the future sox forum we found an article on strikeout rates in college and success correlationa nd he was in the tier beyond mark reynolds. I just don't know if he can do it.

I'm with you.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 25, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm with you.

I keep thinking maybe he'd be like Curtis Granderson but he struck out about as much as he walked in college, albeit much lower competition.

There is not just the Ks but also guys who don't like his swing.

Can the sox fix that? I would prefer a more polished bat. The batspeed and athleticism is there but right now he probably doesn't even have the swing to get enough power output with a wood bat to compensate for the Ks (compared to a dunn or Reynolds who also struck out buy at least hit everything hard in the air to Maximize the little contact they make).

So you are talking about a guy who could become adam dunn offensively IF he developed elite patience and improves his swing. Now peak adam dunn in center field wouldn't be bad but for that ceiling that are too many ifs for my liking.

Edited by GermanSock