ALDS: Red Sox vs. Astros

LittleHurt05

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 10:46 AM)
Really can't pull for either. Kinda hate both teams. Hope Sale does well.

Basically the entire AL side for me besides the Astros. Can't root for ALC and I'll never root for Yankees and Red Sox (unless they go to world series against the Cubs). NL side, I'm good with Nats or Diamondbacks in the World Series (but naturally, Dodgers over Cubs).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 03:26 PM)
Welcome to the playoffs Chris. Another first inning run this October.

Oh s***, back to back homers. Chris did struggle at times when too pumped up it seemed.

Yep I thought this was going to happen with him. Chris always seemed to crap the bed when he's too amped up.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
Following on ESPN game cast. Sale at 46 pitches through 2 innings. :o

Verlander is at 52 after 3. Not that it matters much, he can throw 800 pitches if he needs to. f***ing inhuman beast.

This kind of reminds me of a September start between Detroit and the White Sox, where the sox would have a glimmer of hope for possible wildcard birth “if only they could beat Detroit....”. Verlander would rise to the challenge is Sale would give up 5.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)
This kind of reminds me of a September start between Detroit and the White Sox, where the sox would have a glimmer of hope for possible wildcard birth “if only they could beat Detroit....”. Verlander would rise to the challenge is Sale would give up 5.

Yep. I seem to remember a few times where he folded a bit.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 05:18 PM)
Think that may be a tad-premature, but certainly not an impressive debut for Sale.

Baseball is a brutal game. Have an incredible season and Sale will mostly be remembered for this start.

1st post-season jitters for sure, but I always quietly thought he would get way too amped up for the playoffs and get torched.

But hey, Kershaw has been trash in most of his playoff starts too.