Chris Sale

Jose Abreu

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...=espnapi_public

“He’ll wait the five [games],” Ventura said. “It’s at the point where he’s coming back and doing what he’s doing. There’s no reason to [pitch any earlier].”

If he hadn't have been coming off of the injury, maybe they move him up a day. There is no good reason to right now. Good move by Ventura.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
If he hadn't have been coming off of the injury, maybe they move him up a day. There is no good reason to right now. Good move by Ventura.

Yea this could be a blessing in disguise. They managed to hold on for the win and they slowly get to ramp Sale back up. I just hope Ventura doesn't see this as a reason to let him go over 110 or so next outing. Just keep the kid gloves on him no reason to burn him out this year, we got bigger fish to fry down the road.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 28, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
Yea this could be a blessing in disguise. They managed to hold on for the win and they slowly get to ramp Sale back up. I just hope Ventura doesn't see this as a reason to let him go over 110 or so next outing. Just keep the kid gloves on him no reason to burn him out this year, we got bigger fish to fry down the road.

What do you mean by "down the road?" If we trade Lexi like a lot of people want, the team will be in all-out rebuilding mode and still several years from contention. Sale won't be getting any younger as years tick off the rebuilding calendar.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 28, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
Assuming no rainouts, Sale's next three starts would be 6/2 @ LA Dodgers, 6/8 @ LA Angels and 6/13 vs. KC at home.

That 6/13 game should have good attendance, most of the outfield is already bought out. That's the only series we play at home in June plus it's a fireworks night. Promo code DPU6 if any is looking to nab cheap tickets for that night.

Thanks! I'd love to attend a home Sox game (haven't been in years), but it's tough considering most of the time I'm home is because of other commitments. I do love that they play in LA for an entire week though. Works out nicely for me! Ticket bought for 6/2. Purchasing tickets for 6/8 when I hear back from my friends in Anaheim.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
I just scrambled to WhiteSox.com to buy tickets, and was about to text my buddies to come with....then I noticed it was in LA. :angry:

The LA Soxtalk crew comes out in force. :headbang

Edit: if anyone is down for a SoxTalk LA Crew meetup during this game - hit me up here. :)

Edited by hi8is

Assuming no rainouts, Sale's next three starts would be 6/2 @ LA Dodgers, 6/8 @ LA Angels and 6/13 vs. KC at home.

That 6/13 game should have good attendance, most of the outfield is already bought out. That's the only series we play at home in June plus it's a fireworks night. Promo code DPU6 if any is looking to nab cheap tickets for that night.

I noticed that the Sox have a travel day between playing the Angels and Dodgers. I guess SoCal traffic really is as bad as everybody says it is.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
I am sure the players are devastated :P

This just gives me a day to stalk down Gordon Beckham... think they'll spend Wednesday in LA or Anaheim? Maybe they'll hit up Disneyland...

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 28, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)

Awesome, my birthday's 6/2.

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 29, 2014 -> 12:22 AM)
The LA Soxtalk crew comes out in force. :headbang

Edit: if anyone is down for a SoxTalk LA Crew meetup during this game - hit me up here. :)

I'm going to the game myself. Sitting in row O in FB26, to the right of the Sox dugout. I'll have a beer with ya!

I am so stoked. I can't wait to get drunk and watch (what should be) an epic pitching duel.

Sale's FIP is 1.79. Kershaw's is 1.54. Good lord we are in for a showdown.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
I went all in for Tuesday, seats right behind the dugout. So I'm tapped.

Hell yeah, nice man. I bet those seats will be great. I sat about 10 feet from the Sox dugout in 2012, and paid a bit for it, but it was fun.