The Adam Dunn Appreciation Thread

The Ultimate Champion

Finally, on the very last day of the last trade deadline, your sorry ass is about to be out the door.

Phew.

What a relief this is for the organization. You have have been the biggest disappointment in Sox FA history. You were a hotdog and anything but a baseball player for the majority of your time here.

Good riddance.

Let wite & all your other fans say all the positive things they want in the Appreciation thread they will create. That can be a positive place, who cares. This thread is for negativity ONLY!

Good riddance and thank God.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
Finally, on the very last day of the last trade deadline, your sorry ass is about to be out the door.

Phew.

What a relief this is for the organization. You have have been the biggest disappointment in Sox FA history. You were a hotdog and anything but a baseball player for the majority of your time here.

Good riddance.

Let wite & all your other fans say all the positive things they want in the Appreciation thread they will create. That can be a positive place, who cares. This thread is for negativity ONLY!

Good riddance and thank God.

Someone hasn't had their coffee this morning ;)

I strongly disagree. 2011 was terrible, but when I found out what he was going through with his son that year, I didn't hate him as much. 2012-2014, he did exactly what we signed him to do- he got on base at a great rate, hit home runs, and got RBIs. He was not signed to hit .280 every year.

Dunn's White Sox career was disappointing. He definitely didn't live up to expectations. However, the day that they signed Dunn was an exciting day for me. He was always one of my favorite players and unfortunately it never really worked out here. Hopefully he does well in Oakland. Dunn absolutely had to be moved though. Now we can b**** about the White Sox giving Andy Wilkins' at-bats to Paul Konerko down the stretch.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I'll for one miss Adam, I appreciate everything he did for our Sox even after his 2011 season, great person, great teammate, great leader, and great hitter, best of luck Adam! (watch him not get traded and re-signed, just our luck)

Barf. I wish him well, but come on.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
I think Dunn's an A+ human being who has put in his absolute best effort for the White Sox. I have nothing but good wishes for him.

This. If anyone should have been a raging asshole after all that happened while he was here, it was Dunn. He has been nothing but class.

Clearly you people have issues following instructions.,

This thread is for NEGATIVITY only!

This guy was horrible, and the Sox were too cheap to ditch him earlier.

I have to admit though, I can see why people are wanting to be positive. I too am very happy this guy is about to be gone. I really want to be negative but the hate isn't spewing out, just joy over this guy finally getting the f*** off of this team and out of this city.

:)

Every day for this team is going to be a brighter one now.

And Beckham's gone too.

Phew.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Dunn's White Sox career was disappointing. He definitely didn't live up to expectations. However, the day that they signed Dunn was an exciting day for me. He was always one of my favorite players and unfortunately it never really worked out here. Hopefully he does well in Oakland. Dunn absolutely had to be moved though. Now we can b**** about the White Sox giving Andy Wilkins' at-bats to Paul Konerko down the stretch.

Our 1B is Abreu & our DH target is Victor Martinez. Any role Wilkins has on the next Sox team (if he has any) is going to be a 1B/DH/LF bench bat in the mold of a Ross Gload. In that respect, even though I'd rather see him play, it's probably a good thing to know if he can come off the bench and put up a quality AB. That'll be his only shot to stick.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Clearly you people have issues following instructions.,

This thread is for NEGATIVITY only!

This guy was horrible, and the Sox were too cheap to ditch him earlier.

I have to admit though, I can see why people are wanting to be positive. I too am very happy this guy is about to be gone. I really want to be negative but the hate isn't spewing out, just joy over this guy finally getting the f*** off of this team and out of this city.

:)

Every day for this team is going to be a brighter one now.

And Beckham's gone too.

Phew.

The quality of your posts are akin to Dunn's first year here

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
I know that TUC has trouble expressing himself at times, but I know that he really likes and appreciates everything Dunn has done for this franchise in his time here. We'll miss you Adam!

It's like I'm in my car in the left turn only lane waiting for the light to change so I can turn onto Happy Avenue and then here comes this little f***er in an orange blazer clear across the road weaving in between the cars to stick a cup in my face asking for money. And all because I had the window down, just trying to enjoy the fresh air. You just turn all my smiles upside down.