4/28 Games

flavum

What does everyone make of Zangari's start? Hit his 5th homer tonight, but has 41 K in 96 PA. Should we be happy that an 18-year old has a .216 ISO in A ball or worried that he's striking out like crazy?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)

That site is pretty cool. I wish it was a little cleaner looking.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
What does everyone make of Zangari's start? Hit his 5th homer tonight, but has 41 K in 96 PA. Should we be happy that an 18-year old has a .216 ISO in A ball or worried that he's striking out like crazy?

I think the next few months will be telling if he can adjust to the competition level. He is walking around 8% of his AB's (higher than last year) so it's not like he's completely lost at the plate - I think overmatched.

I think as long as Zangari has a respectable year it is a win. He is way young for the level hes at

He and Adolfo are in similar boats. Both have big raw power (Zangari more so), both have aggressive approaches at the plate, both are quite young for their level. So while the K's do worry me, it isn't anything I'd call alarming... yet. I am happy if I see progression through the year. If he flatlines all season like Hawkins did in his first full year, then I get more worried.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
He came out in the AZL with big strikeouts and no walks and then made a stark improvement during the year. Hopefully he catches up to the pitchers. Pretty ugly contact rate.,

That is what I recall, he adapted after starting very slowly and striking out a ton early in the season last year.