McGregor vs Mayweather

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 11:54 AM)
Won't make any money.

I don't think Mayweather will knock him out, but I think he'll win by TKO. Similar to the Hatton and Gatti fights, except Mayweather is older and this guy is exponentially worse than them.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)
I don't think Mayweather will knock him out, but I think he'll win by TKO. Similar to the Hatton and Gatti fights, except Mayweather is older and this guy is exponentially worse than them.

Ya I legit don't know if he'll knock him out just cause Floyd is Floyd but I'd be shocked if it wasn't complete domination. I was just saying you won't make any money cause the line is so absurd.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
Ya I legit don't know if he'll knock him out just cause Floyd is Floyd but I'd be shocked if it wasn't complete domination. I was just saying you won't make any money cause the line is so absurd.

Line within 12 is -125 when I saw yesterday. Most people think it goes distance, which is completely reasonable.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)
I don't gamble but I'm staying away from this because it maybe a total work. I don't trust anyone.

Yeah, there was some talk that Floyd could tank in the first fight to ensure an additional 2 more paydays.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
Yeah, there was some talk that Floyd could tank in the first fight to ensure an additional 2 more paydays.

We all know how much Floyd loves money, but it would be shocking if he gave up his undefeated record in trying to get those 2 extra paydays, that wouldn't be guaranteed,

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)
We all know how much Floyd loves money, but it would be shocking if he gave up his undefeated record in trying to get those 2 extra paydays, that wouldn't be guaranteed,

Would this fight really go on his record though?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)

Most are speculating he wants to get to that 50-0 mark. Doubt this is for the money.

You have to wonder why the gaming commission would sanction this fight (obviously the $$). It completely devalues the sport, taking the best ever or one of the best ever and having him fight someone who has literally never boxed before.

But perhaps that's what they want, merging MMA and boxing and this is that transitional step.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:07 AM)
Well I'm feeling better about throwing some money on Mayweather. The line dropped to -500 which isn't terrible if you think he's pretty much a sure thing to win this thing.

In boxing, I forget, do you get the line that it ultimately goes off at, like horseracing? Or do you get the line where it was when you actually wagered?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
In boxing, I forget, do you get the line that it ultimately goes off at, like horseracing? Or do you get the line where it was when you actually wagered?

You get the line when you actually wagered I believe. The line started at -2200 and dropped to -500, so my buddy told me we should lock in ASAP. Can't imagine it staying there very long, seems like a function of really early action.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Mayweather is down to like -350. Those are incredible odds, he should be like -2500. If only I had the $$$

4 people have bet $1 million so they can get $250,000