Miguel Gonzalez getting called up, Danks skipped

southsider2k5

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
I don't know if Gonzales is the answer it would be a God-send if he was...but I do know that Danks ISN'T the answer and skipping him is worth the shot.

Mark

He's pushed back to Baltimore. Ventura was asked if its his last start and said that's TBD.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
Nope I think he's out of options. That's why he got DFA'd.

He was released and signed to a minors deal by Sox though, not claimed.

Not sure he gets an option back, doubt it, just wanted to confirm.

Ventura is not going to start heaping dirt on a veteran player like Dank's grave, but its obvious that Danks is on the outs.

I'm wondering why now. Danks was decent against the Angels in his last start and with the amount of money Danks is owed I figured they would give him at least another couple starts before making a move like this. Three possible reasons for this happening now:

1) last year of Danks deal, money is spent either way

2) the team looks good, cant afford to sacrifice games early in the season trying to wrestle some value out of Danks

3) Danks has admitted to coaches he's done and wont be upset if the Sox phase him out

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
He was released and signed to a minors deal by Sox though, not claimed.

Not sure he gets an option back, doubt it, just wanted to confirm.

So let me get this straight. If Gonzalez bombs he can't be sent back down and it's either keep him on the Sox roster or put him on waivers again ? Logically then,if that is the case , he'll be getting a few more starts until it's determined he has use or is useless.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

So let me get this straight. If Gonzalez bombs he can't be sent back down and it's either keep him on the Sox roster or put him on waivers again ? Logically then,if that is the case , he'll be getting a few more starts until it's determined he has use or is useless.

They'll dump him if he gets lit up.

If he bombs so bad he has to be let go he probably clears waivers anyway, so I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about whether or not he has options.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
True.

I think it was RV who mentioned Danks got tagged vs. Toronto last year and went 7 scoreless against the O's.

They showed his ERA against Toronto on post game I believe. Around 7 for his starts against Toronto. At least Gonzalez is familiar with them and has had some success.

Good to see the Sox are ready to do whatever it takes to win each game. Gonzalez makes much more sense if only for one start against the Jays. Will be interesting to see what the Sox do if Gonzalez pitches well against the Jays and Danks bombs against the O's. Not that I want Danks to bomb, but it's possible. I also think it's possible that if Gonzalez pitches well against the Jays he could take the Baltimore start away from Danks. Why not start Gonzalez against the O's, his former team?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
Good to see the Sox are ready to do whatever it takes to win each game. Gonzalez makes much more sense if only for one start against the Jays. Will be interesting to see what the Sox do if Gonzalez pitches well against the Jays and Danks bombs against the O's. Not that I want Danks to bomb, but it's possible. I also think it's possible that if Gonzalez pitches well against the Jays he could take the Baltimore start away from Danks. Why not start Gonzalez against the O's, his former team?

Let's talk about this in 27 hours.