AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't wana play this team right now. Bats are heating up in a hurry. I knew it was only a matter of time. Abreu is snapping out of it finally. This team is for real. Great rotation, awesome pen, lineup is coming around and has very good timely hitting. Oh and the defense is now pretty good. My guy AJax is starting to heat up some as well. He sure does come up with bases loaded a lot. I'm very comfortable with that situation. This team is fun!

Edited by SouthSideSale

Our Sox just keep rolling. A winning attitude is contagious and we're seeing that with this team. Avi, Zach, AJ, Dioner...these guys don't want to be "that guy" on this team and are starting to get some swag of their own.

Chris is definitely pitching more to contact this season and, while maybe not as exciting as those 10-15 strikeout nights, it's been very effective.

Love seeing this offense starting to click. I think those of us who voted for better than average records in the prediction polls were expecting more from the offense being we all knew the pitching would be solid....premature, but if this offense finds its rhythm we're looking at a ~95 win season.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
You forget after awhile just how much fun it is to follow a really good baseball team, I'm legitimately excited about every game.

Right on. When I turn a game on so far this season....I think to myself....how will they find a way to win today. Instead of last few years thinking....what inning will I turn it off because it will be unwatchable. This is a very fun team to watch and easy to root for.

9 games over .500. If they can finish the month 10 games over, they would only need to be 2 games over, in each of the 5 remaining months of the season, to end up with 91 wins. That is the advantage of playing winning baseball in April, something that haven't done much of, in recent years. It sure beats digging yourself into a big hole, early in the season. If the pitching stays healthy, going 2 games over .500 every month shouldn't be that big of a challenge.

I'm really hoping that Avi can get on track. The last 2 games, he has looked encouraging. What a difference it would make if he could be a respectable DH.

Just remember this attitude we have today if we lose 6 in a row in May or June.

If Avi can just be average it really makes this team dangerous.

And finally. These wins are nice. But let's win the division games when they come up.

Go go sox!

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Yep

We'll have to look them in the face and beat them down.

Go Avi! Just get over .700 OPS.

One of the better four PAs I've ever seen from him. Wasn't just getting lucky actually worked counts and looked for a pitch he could drive. Wasn't just swinging to swing and hoping the pitcher put it where he wanted it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
Our Sox just keep rolling. A winning attitude is contagious and we're seeing that with this team. Avi, Zach, AJ, Dioner...these guys don't want to be "that guy" on this team and are starting to get some swag of their own.

Chris is definitely pitching more to contact this season and, while maybe not as exciting as those 10-15 strikeout nights, it's been very effective.

Love seeing this offense starting to click. I think those of us who voted for better than average records in the prediction polls were expecting more from the offense being we all knew the pitching would be solid....premature, but if this offense finds its rhythm we're looking at a ~95 win season.

Chris Sale had 8 starts of 7+ IP with less than 110 pitches in 2015, he has accomplished this feat in each of his first 5 starts this season.