What low-key Sox prospect are you most excited to get a chance

bmags

What prospect are you excited to see get a shot?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What prospect are you excited to see get a shot?

• Eddy Alvarez
    • Matt Davidson
    • Jake Peter
    • Danny Hayes
    • Nick Delmonico
    • Brian Clark
    • Jacob May
    • Adam Engel
    • Louie Lecich
    • Cleluis Rondon (not really)

I was thinking how I was pretty pumped that Eddy Alvarez could have a legit shot to see some ML action with us being a rebuilding team and him now being on AAA.

What obscure/marginal prospect are you excited to see potentially get a shot on the rebuilding white sox?

Obviously the top ten won't be on here, but list someone I don't have here and why

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
Charlie Tilson would have been my choice, but since he's not there for some reason, I'll take Engel.

So true, let's make a big deal about this. Why wouldn't our starting cf'er be there?

I think the argument around Tilson right now is that as the projected starting CF, he really isn't a low-key prospect.

As for mine, all of the FutureSox guys should be familiar with my choices: Eddy Alvarez, Blake Hickman (finally able to pitch with the team) and Taylore Cherry.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
I think the argument around Tilson right now is that as the projected starting CF, he really isn't a low-key prospect.

As for mine, all of the FutureSox guys should be familiar with my choices: Eddy Alvarez, Blake Hickman (finally able to pitch with the team) and Taylore Cherry.

Blake Hickman is another great name. It was thought that early on he could go as a first round pick, or a pick in the first few rounds. If he can get through the TJ stuff OK, and get back on track, he could be another name that pushes himself into the top 10.

So Hickman at this point, do we think he starts in extended spring training or can he get pushed to kannapolis?

Also the thing I'd say about Hickman is I think he could make it in any situation, whereas guys like Eddy Alvarez need specific circumstances to get a chance. He'll be a 28 year old, slap hitting rookie who just happens to have phenomenal plate coverage. Look no further than Narvaez for how that skill can suddenly catapult you if given the chance.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:57 PM)
Eddy Alvarez, followed by Eddy Alvarez, then Eddy Alvarez, also Brian Clark, Nick Delmonico and Adam Engel but mainly Eddy Alvarez.

Agreed, followed by agreed, then agreed. Yata yata yata but mainly agreed.

Good post. I know you guys like Eddy, but Adam Engel is a no-brainer for me here. He is a freak athlete and has extremely loud tools who has shown he is capable of putting it all together in short bursts (2015 AFL MVP). The White Sox played with his pre-swing mechanics last season and it kind of set his production back, but he has an extremely high ceiling if it clicks for him.

My interview with video is below if you want to check it out.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2016/...iew-and-videos/

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
Who voted for Nicky Delmonico? I agree with that pick. That could very well be a major league capable bat that just needs to find a home on the diamond. I like him more than Davidson

100% agree with this. Huge Delmonico fan. I really think the bats plays in the majors, but they need to find him a position. I'd have him spend the first four months of 2017 down in AAA playing LF on a daily basis.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:19 PM)
Good post. I know you guys like Eddy, but Adam Engel is a no-brainer for me here. He is a freak athlete and has extremely loud tools who has shown he is capable of putting it all together in short bursts (2015 AFL MVP). The White Sox played with his pre-swing mechanics last season and it kind of set his production back, but he has an extremely high ceiling if it clicks for him.

My interview with video is below if you want to check it out.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2016/...iew-and-videos/

To me, Engel isn't low key considering how highly ranked we've had him in the Sox T30 in the past.

I want 2017 to be a total tank for Beer/#1 pick. But more importantly, the Sox could have a roster of mostly Sox prospects pre-trades. Finally have the opportunity to see if some of our guys are some hidden gems.

1B- Abreu

2B- Saladino

SS- Anderson

3B- Davidson/Delmonico

DH- Avi/Davidson/Delmonico

C- Narvaez/Smith

OF- Engel

OF- Tilson

OF- May

OF- Coats

IF- Alvarez

IF- Hayes

IF- Peter

More or less that until the break.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)

The fact that he said "on a rebuilding team", meant I thought he meant non-top prospects of ours (Tilson is not in anyone's top 10) that have a chance to contribute to the 2017 rebuilding team.

Maybe he meant "minor leaguers" and shouldn't have said "on a rebuilding team". Who knows, it's not a big deal, but I am definitely excited to see what we have in Tilson. I like his profile, and a local kid.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
Who voted for Nicky Delmonico? I agree with that pick. That could very well be a major league capable bat that just needs to find a home on the diamond. I like him more than Davidson

I voted for Delmonico. Liked him in Baltimore, like how he has rebounded his career a little bit and got himself to a prospect again.