Open Shooter Incident in Ottawa, Canada

LittleHurt05

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 1m1 minute ago

Police confirm multiple suspects involved in shooting incident at Ottawa War Memorial - @VassyKapelos, @amyminsky http://www.breakingnews.com/t/WxH

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 16m16 minutes ago

Video: Heavy gunfire echoes through the halls of Canada's parliament - @globeandmail

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 18m18 minutes ago

Canadian police warn people in Ottawa to stay away from windows and roofs due to ongoing shooter incident -

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-is-marti...uleau-1.2807285

Who is Martin Couture-Rouleau?

But what's known for sure is that Martin Couture-Rouleau had been considered some kind of threat by the Canadian government.

And as details began to emerge about the 25-year-old, who had a pressure-washing business registered in Quebec, they began to paint a picture of a man who seemed to have embraced extremist ideas, and who, according to one friend, dreamed of dying as a martyr.

Radio-Canada reported that Couture-Rouleau's Facebook page, which is no longer active, identifies him as Ahmad LeConverti (Ahmad the Converted). Legal documents show Couture-Rouleau converted to Islam in 2013

Propaganda videos and other materials admiring jihad — or “holy war” against enemies of Islam — were on his Facebook profile page, including a video featuring the logo for ISIS.

Dave Charland, a former intelligence officer with CSIS, said from the information he's gleaned so far about Couture-Rouleau, he believes Couture-Rouleau "seems to be a lone wolf" in part because of the lack of sophistication of the attack.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
A Muslim? Surprising.

It's actually a pretty spot-on picture of why this isn't about religion.

Here's a guy who converted to Islam and immediately started in on the extremist stuff. What does that tell you? Because it tells me that he was already a broken mind, looking for an outlet (excuse, cause) for his violent tendencies.

People have used religion as a justification for all manner of some of the worst kind of violence throughout history. Islam happens to be a current hotbed for it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Terrible. Thoughts for the soldier who died and first responders.

I agree.

now for my rant.

I can see the hatred that the Islam's has again the USA. USA is soo freaking

evil that we even welcome women into the work force and give them the right

to vote.

but why Canada??? what did Canada do that was so wrong, win the Stanley Cup the

most. come on. this stupid craze militant Islam's.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
It's actually a pretty spot-on picture of why this isn't about religion.

Here's a guy who converted to Islam and immediately started in on the extremist stuff. What does that tell you? Because it tells me that he was already a broken mind, looking for an outlet (excuse, cause) for his violent tendencies.

People have used religion as a justification for all manner of some of the worst kind of violence throughout history. Islam happens to be a current hotbed for it.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
I agree.

now for my rant.

to vote.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
I agree.

now for my rant.

to vote.

I mean, he was Canadian, and everyone who isn't Muslim praying to Allah five times a day is an infidel so... geographic proximity is the answer you're looking for.

That's such a cop-out though. If you're a violent person with violent tendencies who needs an outlet there are other ways. Why is Islam such an attractive option? It shouldn't be, but it is and has been for quite a while.

When's the last time someone converted to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. simply for the purpose of killing that religion's non-believers? You're talking hundreds and hundreds of years. That's an antiquated move and it's no wonder it's strongest in the most ass-backwards part of the world.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I can see what you are trying to say or convey, but yes

it can not be denied that Islam religion will take the brunt of

this. but are they really innocent?

now for those hard working Islam people who works to make a

better life. they are guilty in religion only.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
That's such a cop-out though. If you're a violent person with violent tendencies who needs an outlet there are other ways. Why is Islam such an attractive option? It shouldn't be, but it is and has been for quite a while.

your first response ?????

but I agree with your second. there are many millions of intelligent people who can

see the difference, believe me.

this is soooo wasted..... shoot yourself and leave others alone.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
Just like the guy mentioned earlier, this shooter was deemed a high risk traveler and had his passport seized. They wouldn't let him fight his jihad elsewhere so he let loose on Canadian soil.

and the USA had to shut down Guantánamo Bay.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
your first response ?????

but I agree with your second. there are many millions of intelligent people who can

see the difference, believe me.

this is soooo wasted..... shoot yourself and leave others alone.

I was responding to NSS post and Balta's repost and it isn't about religion but about a sick person. Both are causes here.

Canada is an ally of the US and sent special troops to help fight ISIS. Canada has been a huge ally and partner for most all US conflicts.

Also guantanimo bay isn't closed. Also part of closing it wasn't just moving the prisoners to roam free like buffalo on the plains.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
I was responding to NSS post and Balta's repost and it isn't about religion but about a sick person. Both are causes here.

I hate to say this, but they are all sick who will use what excuse is in the public the

time.

this has nothing to do with Islam.

so I agree with your opinion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
Canada is an ally of the US and sent special troops to help fight ISIS. Canada has been a huge ally and partner for most all US conflicts.

Also guantanimo bay isn't closed. Also part of closing it wasn't just moving the prisoners to roam free like buffalo on the plains.

my bad.

and good point on the rest. btw the big oil pipeline that is being talked about

I really hope there is good security planed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)

When's the last time someone converted to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. simply for the purpose of killing that religion's non-believers? You're talking hundreds and hundreds of years. That's an antiquated move and it's no wonder it's strongest in the most ass-backwards part of the world.

Nations, cultures and religions go through periods of turmoil at different times. In the past few decades, a particularly focused and violent faction (or factions) developed within Islam, particularly in the Middle Eastern portions of their world, that is now all over the news for obvious reasons. That will have appeal for certain people - it attracts them. Seems pretty simple to me.

As far as I know, at this point in time, there aren't any holy-war-touting sects within Christianity or Hinduism that have gotten much attention (if they exist at all). Judaism, some may contend, has been locked in a violent holy war for a long time now. But that's a two-way street.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Nations, cultures and religions go through periods of turmoil at different times. In the past few decades, a particularly focused and violent faction (or factions) developed within Islam, particularly in the Middle Eastern portions of their world, that is now all over the news for obvious reasons. That will have appeal for certain people - it attracts them. Seems pretty simple to me.

As far as I know, at this point in time, there aren't any holy-war-touting sects within Christianity or Hinduism that have gotten much attention (if they exist at all). Judaism, some may contend, has been locked in a violent holy war for a long time now. But that's a two-way street.

There's two-way Christian/Muslim violence in Africa. Lord's Resistance Army etc.