STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

Got my tickets for opening night today - so much for having to pre-order a month in advance? People are weird.

I'm so stoked; I'm going with another super STAR WARS nut friend of mine. I will likely have a mixture of emotion, chills, and pure glee for 2h 16m. I'm very excited.

PS, playing The Battle of Jakku on Battlefront last night sure got me pumped for this post-Episode 6 world!

1829940_0.jpg

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)
Eh. I may love STAR WARS, but I also have some self respect.

LOL I actually poke fun but there are some cool dudes I have met along the way that are in to that stuff and its not weird or anything.

But if you did it I would definitely make fun.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
LOL I actually poke fun but there are some cool dudes I have met along the way that are in to that stuff and its not weird or anything.

But if you did it I would definitely make fun.

I imagine those dudes all wind up stroking each other off under their Jedi robes.

I've decided to re-watch the Star Wars flicks headed into Episode 7. The biggest problem I have is not wanting to sit through 8 hours for Episodes 1-3 when they're filled with so much trash.

Worry no more - there's an amazing super cut on YouTube. No clue how or why it hasn't been taken down. I'll start with this tonight.

I continue to be confused about the stories claiming people paying hundreds on the secondary market for opening weekend tickets, as I keep looking at fandango seeing every single theatre having every showing available every day.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I continue to be confused about the stories claiming people paying hundreds on the secondary market for opening weekend tickets, as I keep looking at fandango seeing every single theatre having every showing available every day.

Those stories have to be BS. I bought two tickets in reserved seating in a perfect spot on Friday. It must be in areas with fewer theaters or something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Those stories have to be BS. I bought two tickets in reserved seating in a perfect spot on Friday. It must be in areas with fewer theaters or something.

I could maybe see it in cases where someone wants to see it at some specific huge theatre with the best audio capabilities, etc (say a specific Imax theatre) or just some really well known historical theatre. I'm taking my department to see it for our christmas party (followed by lunch). We are seeing @ 9 AM on opening day than lunch and than I'm letting them go home.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 01:36 AM)
That was 1999, I was 6 lol. I am not a Star Wars fan and probably have only seen one of the movies but can't remember it at all. It is amazing how much hype and excitement there is for this movie.

I mean, I'm just guessing. But I would guess Episode 1 or maybe one of the Harry Potter movies? It has to be a movie that either had a book series or had a big gap between movies in the series. People generally don't freak out and buy tickets months in advance for a new franchise or random lone movie.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
How long do you think it will be before you can just walk up for tickets? I know it depends where you are (how many screens), but I'd rather not deal with the Cosplayers and fanboys (no offense).

I bet you'll have to wait a week at most.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
How long do you think it will be before you can just walk up for tickets? I know it depends where you are (how many screens), but I'd rather not deal with the Cosplayers and fanboys (no offense).

do you have any theatres with assigned seating near you? Regal Webster is a great theatre with huge seats and lots of room so even if its sold out you can't tell.