NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)
Cubs vs Washington would be fascinating.

I really don't think it matters who the Cubs face next round. They are by far the best team left in the NL. The Cubs have owned the Nationals all year and no Ramos and no Strasburg is gonna hurt them big time. The Nationals only hope is that David Murphy turns into superman again.

The Dodgers might have a chance if they pitch Kershaw 3 times in the Series. Maeda and Hill don't scare anyone and Jensen has been getting rocked so far in the postseason.

I've come to the realization that this is simply the Cubs year. They are the best team in baseball. A World Series championship is inevitable. I live in Lincoln Square so I am firmly in the belly of the beast and it majorly sucks. In fact, people were lighting off fireworks in my neighborhood last night after the W. I muttered freaking amateurs under my breath as the fireworks boomed around me, but part of me was very jealous that a winning team exists in Chicago and it sure as hell ain't the Sox.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
I really don't think it matters who the Cubs face next round. They are by far the best team left in the NL. The Cubs have owned the Nationals all year and no Ramos and no Strasburg is gonna hurt them big time. The Nationals only hope is that David Murphy turns into superman again.

The Dodgers might have a chance if they pitch Kershaw 3 times in the Series. Maeda and Hill don't scare anyone and Jensen has been getting rocked so far in the postseason.

I've come to the realization that this is simply the Cubs year. They are the best team in baseball. A World Series championship is inevitable. I live in Lincoln Square so I am firmly in the belly of the beast and it majorly sucks. In fact, people were lighting off fireworks in my neighborhood last night after the W. I muttered freaking amateurs under my breath as the fireworks boomed around me, but part of me was very jealous that a winning team exists in Chicago and it sure as hell ain't the Sox.

I hear ya. At work this morning all the cub fans were unbearable.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
It seems like he's had "discomfort" since the day he was drafted. It's always something with him.

I had Strasburg on my fantasy team this year so I followed him pretty closely. He was getting lit up like a Christmas tree before he was shut down. I highly doubt that he will be making any appearances this postseason. Dude's arm needs a nice long rest and the Nationals will have to cap his innings pitched every year going forward one would think.

If the Nationals advance it will be Roark versus Lester at Wrigley for game 1. Everything is lining up very nicely for the Northsiders this October unfortunately.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
So the Nationals score a few runs off Hill and it suddenly erases what he's done all year? He's been the 2nd best pitcher this year next to Kershaw.

Regular season stats mean very little right now. Hill looked like garbage a couple of games ago and I don't think he will fare much better this afternoon.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
So the Nationals score a few runs off Hill and it suddenly erases what he's done all year? He's been the 2nd best pitcher this year next to Kershaw.

No kidding. And we all saw what Moore did to that Cubs lineup last night. Hill is a better version of Moore this season.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Regular season stats mean very little right now. Hill looked like garbage a couple of games ago and I don't think he will fare much better this afternoon.

It's the 4 postseason innings that mean nothing. Jansen getting hit means very little too. Do you think Anthony Rizzo is a concern after the terrible series he just had? That'd be silly.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
I had Strasburg on my fantasy team this year so I followed him pretty closely. He was getting lit up like a Christmas tree before he was shut down. I highly doubt that he will be making any appearances this postseason. Dude's arm needs a nice long rest and the Nationals will have to cap his innings pitched every year going forward one would think.

If the Nationals advance it will be Roark versus Lester at Wrigley for game 1. Everything is lining up very nicely for the Northsiders this October unfortunately.

Lit up like a Christmas tree? Strasburg was 15-4 with a 3.60 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, and 11 K/9 IP. Yes he had 3 rough starts in August before hitting the DL but overall he had a very good season (for fantasy and reality purposes). A healthy Strasburg is absolutely huge for the Nationals. Of course, that's the big question. The thing is even if they can get only 5 solid innings out of him that's an upgrade over a guy like Ross.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
It seems like he's had "discomfort" since the day he was drafted. It's always something with him.

He's had so many problems, at this point I doubt he knows the difference between what is "discomfort" and what is actually really bad.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Lit up like a Christmas tree? Strasburg was 15-4 with a 3.60 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, and 11 K/9 IP. Yes he had 3 rough starts in August before hitting the DL but overall he had a very good season (for fantasy and reality purposes). A healthy Strasburg is absolutely huge for the Nationals. Of course, that's the big question. The thing is even if they can get only 5 solid innings out of him that's an upgrade over a guy like Ross.

I said he was getting lit up like a Xmas tree before the Nats shut him down not all season. He had 20 earned runs over 12 innings in his last 4 starts before the Nats realized something was seriously wrong with him. He won't be pitching at all this postseason. Dude is done for 2016.

I hope the Dodgers find a way to squeak by Schezer and the Nats this afternoon as I think the Dodgers match up better against the Cubs. A Cubs-Nats series will be over in 5 games or less.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
AustinIllini shocking no one starting this thread moments after the win.

I found him on another forum. He's a Cubs fan. Just need to look at post history.

My question is...why even bother posting on here and basically trolling? There's plenty of Cubs boards out there where you can talk without being opposed almost every step of the way.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)
I found him on another forum. He's a Cubs fan. Just need to look at post history.

My question is...why even bother posting on here and basically trolling? There's plenty of Cubs boards out there where you can talk without being opposed almost every step of the way.

I'm not AustinIllini on any other forums.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
So you're telling me this and this isn't you?

Nice broken link there.

It's not uncommon. it's the alumni group.

https://twitter.com/AustinILLINI

https://facebook.com/AustinILLINI

And thank god there are creeps out there who go and find people they don't like to make Soxtalk a better place.

Creepy much?

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Nice broken link there.

It's not uncommon. it's the alumni group.

https://twitter.com/AustinILLINI

https://facebook.com/AustinILLINI

And thank god there are creeps out there who go and find people they don't like to make Soxtalk a better place.

Creepy much?

Stuff like that tends to happens when you actively troll groups of people.