8/2 Game Thread- Sox vs Twins 6:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Eat something light now now to get your metabolism going, then go wild when you get there. All you can eat/drink made me engorge.

Awesome. Do you know how early you can get there? Is it really 90 minutes before the first pitch?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Beckham batting 2nd against a RH.......... Thanks Robin

I have always felt that for the most part righty-lefty matchups are overhyped. You really see the benefit with a lefty pitcher and a lefty hitter and not so much right-right IMO

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
I have always felt that for the most part righty-lefty matchups are overhyped. You really see the benefit with a lefty pitcher and a lefty hitter and not so much right-right IMO

Take a look at Beckham's splits and you will see he belongs nowhere near the top of the line up or let alone in a MLB line up

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Never said it would happen young grasshopper.

I just think it's rather amazing the Sox made a quasi-serviceable 5th starter out of this guy. Carroll has been a guy. Not necessarily a guy I'd feel comfortable with as the #5 next year, but a guy nonetheless.

Scotty has been very serviceable. Better than Paulino and Johnson.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)

Your clearly haven't looked at Gordon's 2014 splits.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
Wonder if the logic behind batting Beckham ahead of Abreu is to get him more good pitches to hit. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

Still can't hit them.. He got an 88 and 89 MPH pitch right down the middle last night and whiffed twice

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
Still can't hit them.. He got an 88 and 89 MPH pitch right down the middle last night and whiffed twice

His Z-contact, contact on balls inside the zone is 90% which is only behind Eaton, Lexi, and Gillaspie. I guess that's something.

Not trying to say that's where he should be (I really think he should either be DFAd or platooned), just trying to rationalize.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
Wonder if the logic behind batting Beckham ahead of Abreu is to get him more good pitches to hit. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think it might have more to do with wanting Alexei to bat with men on, not wanting to invite LOOGY matchups with Conor later in games, and a big vote of no confidence for the rest of the lineup (Flowers, ADA, Viciedo)