Game Thread- Rangers @ Sox 1:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
I blame Kyyle for the catastrophe last night. Didn't show enough heart in the game thread.

Danks didnt give me a chance to show heart. It was 1-0 before i sat down and looked at my phone.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Stop it. You clearly lack TWTW. Going on vacation in the midst of a winning streak. This isn't vacation bible school man.

I make no apologies for having a good time

In a similar half-joke:

When the bullpen blows the lead tonight, and the FIRE-ROBINs come out of the woodwork arguing that he should have used a different guy, who is going to be the first to suggest he should have gone to Dunn?

EDIT: And then who will be the first to say "no, he shouldn't have, since Dunn pitched last night and wasn't stretched out for working two days in a row."

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
In a similar half-joke:

When the bullpen blows the lead tonight, and the FIRE-ROBINs come out of the woodwork arguing that he should have used a different guy, who is going to be the first to suggest he should have gone to Dunn?

EDIT: And then who will be the first to say "no, he shouldn't have, since Dunn pitched last night and wasn't stretched out for working two days in a row."

Well my material is used up. So much for this game thread. All that is left to complain about Beckham.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
You be careful, we'll ship you to Boston just like we did with Brian Anderson.

well you are going with me, with your cowboy hat and "Murca picture

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Well my material is used up. So much for this game thread. All that is left to complain about Beckham.

Haha, I'm sorry. I just knew I wouldn't be able to post much during the game and had to get it all out front. Poor class on my part.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
Come on Alexei. Do you not know who is at the plate?

He just isn't a good two hole hitter.

I swear to god if I'm Jose and Conor I'm calling a meeting with Robin about it. How many runs are we going to give away because Abreu is batting with nobody on?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
Srs question -- if Sale only goes through 7, and we need to protect the lead in the 8th, do you go to Belisario or Dunn?

I will say this...Robin should be able to at least manage a game wherein Sale is pitching...Now when anyone else is starting, I have really ceased complaining, but Sale, well, he's got to be able to find someone for at least an inning or two.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Dunn swings under so many crushable fastballs. Dude's just old, the apendix problem really did him no favors seemed to have aged him more quickly.

I don't buy it as an excuse this many years after the fact.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
Wtf is wrong with Eaton? How did he have NO idea the fence was coming up?

I honestly think he has blinders on at times mentally. He does stupid s*** like this too often for it to be a conscious thing. He needs to "unlearn" diving into 1st and running into walls.