Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

TAKEN FROM CHISOX.COM:

Seeking a playoff berth for the first time since 2001, the Mariners have struggled at home, losing more than half of their games at Safeco. They enter Thursday with a 28-31 home record, as opposed to a 31-23 mark on the road.

Elias took a 2-1 loss to the Orioles in Baltimore on Friday, but allowed just one earned run in 5 2/3 innings. The 26-year-old Cuban has pitched well since the All-Star break (1-1, 1.69 ERA in three starts), but saw his record fall to 8-9 after the setback to the O's.

"I did my job," Elias said. "I went out and pitched like I do every day. I didn't have the luck to win, but that's the way the ball bounces."

"I thought Elias was a lot sharper and really competed well," said manager Lloyd McClendon. "That was a hard-fought game and well played on both sides."

Elias lost his only prior meeting with the White Sox on July 4, giving up five runs in five innings.

Interesting that a Cuban born pitcher goes for Seattle against a Sox line up with at least three Cuban hitters and maybe four if Nieto plays. I think Abreu and Elias are close to the same age and Viciedo too. Maybe they have faced each other before? Game on WGN :gosoxretro:

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
Yikes!

1. Leury Garcia (S) CF

2. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Dayan Viciedo ® LF

5. Paul Konerko ® DH

6. Conor Gillaspie (L) 3B

7. Tyler Flowers ® C

8. Moises Sierra ® RF

9. Gordon Beckham ® 2B

Yuck. Woulda went Lexi/Beckham vs the LHP.....Or Lexi/Leury if they wanna put a L/R at the top. At least if Lexi gets on Leury can bunt him over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
Yikes!

1. Leury Garcia (S) CF

2. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Dayan Viciedo ® LF

5. Paul Konerko ® DH

6. Conor Gillaspie (L) 3B

7. Tyler Flowers ® C

8. Moises Sierra ® RF

9. Gordon Beckham ® 2B

Man, someone who should be in AAA or AA is leading off..

This is one of these cases of not wanting to hit Alexei leadoff (assuming he's not very comfortable there), and who else do you go with?

Conor? Sierra? Beckham?

There aren't very many good options. If Beckham was hitting 1st, everyone would be jumping on Ventura, even more than Garcia, who's at least entertaining (albeit that entertainment should be limited to 3 PA's per game rather than 4-5).

It doesn't really matter, unless Abreu hits 3 homers or goes for the cycle, nobody will even hear the result all day tomorrow with the constant bombardment of Baez is God Already/Playoffs Are Just Around the Corner for the Cubs stories in the national and especially local media.

At least it's less embarrassing with both teams on the road.

Carroll's probably due for a bad start so we can tune out early (I think I just called in the Greg775 sure sucker bet against the White Sox jinx like anytime we face Chen/Guthrie).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:21 AM)
So, how is everyone enjoying rebuilding?

The rebuilding this year was supposed to be with Erik Johnson pitching, but he forgot how to throw a fastball over 90 mph. What you're seeing on the field right now is less rebuilding, and more just a roster with few impact players. After this road trip, I'm confident there will be some significant changes made.