Caribbean Classic

seanjon21

QUOTE (seanjon21 @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 11:42 PM)
Looks like Marin is scheduled to start on Saturday ( semi-final day ) .

Will see what happens ?

Wishing him luck !!!

Going onto the 5th inning in semi final , Marin working 3 hit shut out against Dominican Republic.

Fastball running 96 MPH, cutter, change up and slider are flat nasty.

Mexico up 4-0

QUOTE (seanjon21 @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
Going onto the 5th inning in semi final , Marin working 3 hit shut out against Dominican Republic.

Fastball running 96 MPH, cutter, change up and slider are flat nasty.

Mexico up 4-0

let me get this right, his fast ball in now at 96, right???

QUOTE (seanjon21 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
http://www.modbee.com/sports/high-school/article9548831.html

Read this artical they put out on him.

He was hitting 97mph in the Mexican pacific league playoffs multiple times.

and i am extremely glad that he can, that is why i asked originally, if this performance will start to put him on anyone radar. i know i will start watching out for him.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
and i am extremely glad that he can, that is why i asked originally, if this performance will start to put him on anyone radar. i know i will start watching out for him.

I doubt it. Unless he magically figures it out this season. He's going to be 26 this upcoming season and has yet to have success above A+.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
I doubt it. Unless he magically figures it out this season. He's going to be 26 this upcoming season and has yet to have success above A+.

That IS a hefty velo increase, though, if #'s are to be believed. Long-ago retirees like Russell Branyan are on the field there, so maybe not the highest level of play.

Throw him in B'Ham and see if he can dominate - probably not much future with our org. if he doesn't.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
That IS a hefty velo increase, though, if #'s are to be believed. Long-ago retirees like Russell Branyan are on the field there, so maybe not the highest level of play.

Throw him in B'Ham and see if he can dominate - probably not much future with our org. if he doesn't.

Agreed , throw him and see what happens !!!

All I know , he has made big strides since being released and resigning and that's a positive.

I will continue watch he's progress.

I don't remember ever hearing reports about Marin throwing in the mid 90's.

Who knows...he might have made some delivery changes.

As for Cuba, Gourriel and Frederich Cepeda continue to be "win now/MLB-ready" names....if they ever defect. If my memory is correct, Cepeda is a 34 year old LH corner outfielder, played in Japan last year....seems like he would be a perfect 4th OF in the current MLB environment.

Has Despaigne been playing?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (seanjon21 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
That perfect game scouting report was when he was a sophomore in high school !!!

as i said, that was the only rpt i found, i am extremely happy another prospect may have been found. can't you tell when someone is stoke about a player !!!!

jeeze

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)

As for Cuba, Gourriel and Frederich Cepeda continue to be "win now/MLB-ready" names....if they ever defect. If my memory is correct, Cepeda is a 34 year old LH corner outfielder, played in Japan last year....seems like he would be a perfect 4th OF in the current MLB environment.

Has Despaigne been playing?

yeah there are some players who are very interesting so say the least. but wait, we are talking about JR and he will not spend the money.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)

I know he made some delivery and grip changes when he was indy ball. And he certainly did perform better on returning to the Sox system. But the mid-90's FB is news to me as well.