I did some scouting reports on R/MLBDraft on Reddit.

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 05:28 AM)
I did some write ups on players in the upcoming draft in Reddit, just search for all the Midwest reports and you'll find them. I am also writing a report on the White Sox draft.

Check them out.

excellent, another scouting rpt...... i love them. can't wait.

keep up the good work.

peace

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
man, this is going to be a rough prediction, sox picking #8 and then when is there next pick??? assuming if Jeff S doesn't sign, they will get an additional 1 rounder outside the top 10+.

Im just focusing on the first round pick, the health/state of the franchise and what their strategy might be.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
Im just focusing on the first round pick, the health/state of the franchise and what their strategy might be.

oh man, i can't wait. i usually, by default go about 3 rd. but i try to pick players that may fit the sox needs. but i am usually bored so i just read.

oh btw is it done yet :lol: :D

depending on who is selected in the top 7 and or who will come on strong, a pitcher of extremely good quality may be there. there is 2.5 pitchers who i would select. all college pitchers. now there are 2 college positional players who might be available that i really like.

with the 50-50 success the sox had with anderson and hawkins, i really doubt they will go that rt this yr or for the next several yrs. getting a player who may challenge for a position in 2016 season would be extremely enticing.

but that is my opinion.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
depending on who is selected in the top 7 and or who will come on strong, a pitcher of extremely good quality may be there. there is 2.5 pitchers who i would select. all college pitchers. now there are 2 college positional players who might be available that i really like.

with the 50-50 success the sox had with anderson and hawkins, i really doubt they will go that rt this yr or for the next several yrs. getting a player who may challenge for a position in 2016 season would be extremely enticing.

but that is my opinion.

I don't think the Sox are going to avoid HS position players just because of the mixed results with Hawkins and Anderson, That's not a smart way to go about drafting players. That's like saying, just because Adam Dunn didn't work out, then the Soz shouldn't sign any LH power hitters.

If any team is serious about building a contender then they have to draft the best player available no matter what.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
I don't think the Sox are going to avoid HS position players just because of the mixed results with Hawkins and Anderson, That's not a smart way to go about drafting players. That's like saying, just because Adam Dunn didn't work out, then the Soz shouldn't sign any LH power hitters.

If any team is serious about building a contender then they have to draft the best player available no matter what.

the sox went many, many yrs in avoiding a HS'er in the first round. they had great teams in the 90's and a WS in 2005.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
But look how bad their farm system was during that period.

you can not judge the farm system based on that. it was bad, b/c they did not have a person who could've picked his nose, let alone players.

but, thomas, ventura, the 4 majors pitchers in that era..... they were drafted by the sox. they were older prospects who were drafted.

but i will give you this, in the main 90's, KW was drafting and his philosophy was more damning in selecting prospects.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 01:00 AM)
man, this is going to be a rough prediction, sox picking #8 and then when is there next pick??? assuming if Jeff S doesn't sign, they will get an additional 1 rounder outside the top 10+.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
In 2016

It's also not "outside the top 10", it's in the range of "30-40ish". No matter what pick the other team loses you still get the pick in the compensatory round per the new rules.