Sox Rankings in Baseball America Top 20s For Every League

winninguglyin83

As a Baseball America subscriber, I received the copy with the lists of the Top 20 prospects in every minor league.

This is the way it shook out for the White Sox.

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE: Micah Johnson 14th. Only Sox player. Nothing for Sanchez. Top 5 -- Polanco, Betts, Lindor, Franco, Souza.

SOUTHERN LEAGUE: Micah Johnson 16th. Only Sox player. Top 5 -- Bryant, Russell, Seager, Stephenson, Edwards.

CAROLINA LEAGUE: Tim Anderson 8th; Courtney Hawkins 9th; Tyler Danish 12th, Frank Montas 14th. Top 5 -- Gallo, Alfaro, Peraza, Mondesi, Manaea.

SALLY LEAGUE: Sox shut out. Top 5 -- Giolito, Crawford, Lopez, Severino, McGuire.

PIONEER LEAGUE: Sox shutout. Top 5 -- Aguino, Wall, DeLeon, Blandino, O'Hearn.

ARIZONA LEAGUE: Spencer Adams 5th. Top 5 -- Jackson, Holmes, Bradley, Sheffeld and Adams.

Carlos Rodon did not make any of the lists because he did not play long enough in any league. He was listed in another story in the front of the magazine of prominent guys who were not on any league lists. Those players included:

Mark Appel, Dylan Bundy, Nick Burdi, Byron Buxton, Rusney Castillo, Brandon Finnegan, Kyle Freeland, Marco Gonzales, Nick Howard, Jorge Soler and Kyle Zimmer.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
As a Baseball America subscriber, I received the copy with the lists of the Top 20 prospects in every minor league.

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE: Micah Johnson 14th. Only Sox player. Nothing for Sanchez. Top 5 -- Polanco, Betts, Lindor, Franco, Souza.

SOUTHERN LEAGUE: Micah Johnson 16th. Only Sox player. Top 5 -- Bryant, Russell, Seager, Stephenson, Edwards.

CAROLINA LEAGUE: Tim Anderson 8th; Courtney Hawkins 9th; Tyler Danish 12th, Frank Montas 14th. Top 5 -- Gallo, Alfaro, Peraza, Mondesi, Manaea.

SALLY LEAGUE: Sox shut out. Top 5 -- Giolito, Crawford, Lopez, Severino, McGuire.

ARIZONA LEAGUE: Spencer Adams 5th. Top 5 -- Jackson, Holmes, Bradley, Sheffeld and Adams.

Carlos Rodon did not make any of the lists because he did not play long enough in any league. He was listed in another story in the front of the magazine of prominent guys who were not on any league lists. Those players included:

Mark Appel, Dylan Bundy, Nick Burdi, Byron Buxton, Rusney Castillo, Brandon Finnegan, Kyle Freeland, Marco Gonzales, Nick Howard, Jorge Soler and Kyle Zimmer.

oh man, this is exciting for me. that is why I was saying about the ratings that the so-called professional

have the system at. I will admit that I do not know too much about the Pioneer, Arz and Sally league

prospects.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
Thank you for sharing this.

IMO, Danish and Montas would have ranked above Hawkins. Not sure I understand that one.

I take it that he was ranked higher because of how much improved and bounced back. Personally, outside of Rodon he has the highest ceiling in the system.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)

Thanks - I don't get the paper stuff, only online, so this is cool to read.

I would not have thought Hawkins that high, but that's nice to see 4 Sox in one league. Can't remember the last time that happened.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
I take it that he was ranked higher because of how much improved and bounced back. Personally, outside of Rodon he has the highest ceiling in the system.

I think Adolfo and Anderson may have higher ceilings than Hawkins actually but yes I get your point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
At the very least, he sounds like Baez to me.

Not at all. Micker is not going to strike out at the same clip Baez will. Micker's strikeout total can be attributed to things like his age in regard to his level, inexperience and fatigue.

I will admit, I would live to see him run more.