3/17 vs Mariners

flavum

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
Looks like we got another raffle winner doing play by play. Christ.

Hahahahanahahanaha "Costco Fukudome" that is the best EVER.

I'm borrowing from Beckham and calling him Fookie from now on.

Peavy has looked much better today.

Rios with a solid approach on the RBI single.

Lillibridge and Escobar continuing to get on base.

Escobar=38=Ozuna, we'll take it, if we can get that Pablo kind of offense to go with his defense...all he needs to do is throw the "safe" sign up on every infield play at 1B as he runs across the bag

LOL at Melton.

Not the kind of guy who's going to hurt you or drive the ball (Escobar)...Melton's making the excuse that the wind blew it out and the Arizona weather, lol.

Escobar's definitely earning his place on this team.

Beckham pulled an inside pitch for a double down the LF line and Mitchell had a perfect sac bunt to the right side that was so good that Ackley didn't have a play at 1B.

Then the Escobar bomb.

Lillibridge with another steal, that's 12/22 in that category for the team (SB/opp) this spring. Olivo throws wildly and Brent ends up at 3B.

Of course, Rios hits the ball the one place NOT to hit it, 3B. Brain cramp.

Looks like Paulie drove him in.

Dunn with the match-up against a LHP, almost drives it through 2B. At least he's making consistent contact this spring.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
Escobar 3-run jack.

Good player.

Sure seems that way. I kind of wondered why he lost favor since a year ago when people were talking about him a little. Good defense, decent contact and a little power. Sounds like a potential major-league middle infielder to me. Utility guy, at least.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
LOL at Melton.

Not the kind of guy who's going to hurt you or drive the ball (Escobar)...Melton's making the excuse that the wind blew it out and the Arizona weather, lol.

Escobar's definitely earning his place on this team.

Could be. If Lillibridge can play a decent infield, I don't know if Escobar fits in. Dan Johnson may be a little better off the bench.

The wildcard is if Viciedo just doesn't do anything the spring, in addition to bad defense.

Then you may go Fukudome, De Aza, Rios, with Lillibridge as the 4th outfielder, and Escobar as the backup infielder.

That seems like a big long shot though. Viciedo will probably break camp no matter what.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Could be. If Lillibridge can play a decent infield, I don't know if Escobar fits in. Dan Johnson may be a little better off the bench.

The wildcard is if Viciedo just doesn't do anything the spring, in addition to bad defense.

Then you may go Fukudome, De Aza, Rios, with Lillibridge as the 4th outfielder, and Escobar as the backup infielder.

That seems like a big long shot though. Viciedo will probably break camp no matter what.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Plus, then you're going to have to shift Brent back to the outfield again just when he's getting reacclimated to the infield again.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
A no-hitter so far? I might be getting a delayed box score. If the Jakester is back, we are going to be super-awesome. If not, we just will be awesome.

Jake threw 5 innings of no hit ball. Good stuff.