Attendance

Buehrle>Wood

This is the worst non-rain messed with attended game I think I have ever seen for us. 32 degree April day games are nothing to make a blanket statement by, but seems like we could really, really struggle with attendance this year. It'll be tough to be worst than last year but we may be heading for a bottom 5 attendance spot.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
Yeah! We're already talking about attendance! We really are in mid-season form! This makes me excited!

Let the record state that it's 32 degrees out on a Wednesday. Come on.

Jeez, didn't know it was THAT sensitive of a subject for White Sox fans. This was just the worst I've ever seen it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:45 PM)
Jeez, didn't know it was THAT sensitive of a subject for White Sox fans. This was just the worst I've ever seen it.

It is when the first thing our crosstown rival fans say to put us down is " what about our attendance?" I counter with 100 years no world series championship. That must make Wrigley Field special.

The attendance for game 2 last year was 14,213. It was under 11,000 today IIRC from the game thread. Both days IIRC were miserable. 43° F for last year's at game time according to the box score.

I think that does suggest a very substantial erosion of season ticket sales.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:45 PM)

I didn't take it to mean anything other than what you posted FWIW. Still, it was a really embarrassing crowd. There are reasons for it - 2nd game of the year, cold weather, low expectations, coming off a terrible season - but it's still embarrassing. That crowd almost makes the Marlins look good in comparison.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
I didn't take it to mean anything other than what you posted FWIW. Still, it was a really embarrassing crowd. There are reasons for it - 2nd game of the year, cold weather, low expectations, coming off a terrible season - but it's still embarrassing. That crowd almost makes the Marlins look good in comparison.

I think it's silly to blame the customer of any business for not buying the product.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
This is the worst non-rain messed with attended game I think I have ever seen for us. 32 degree April day games are nothing to make a blanket statement by, but seems like we could really, really struggle with attendance this year. It'll be tough to be worst than last year but we may be heading for a bottom 5 attendance spot.

How is any of this a surprise? White Sox fans are massive bandwagon fans and the team sucked last year. Fans won't come back until we win again. The fans are the reason why we need to get the rebuild as short as possible.