SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking and looking for the 5 out of 6 blown save opportunities thread.

I actually thought someone posted something on here and it was causing the site to get blocked by the Chinese government it was down for so long.

Or maybe the attendance problems were spilling over into diminished SoxTalk NAV (just joking).

Really thought Leury was going to get out of that inning but then he got nervous/anxious after the first two outs...frustrating frustrating way to lose. It's amazing Boston just didn't blow it open in the 9th. Now we have a full-blown closer controversy with Lindstrom saying he was ready but Ventura giving the ball to Cleto instead.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
How Robin Ventura is still manager is crazy. Last night was evidence he has no f***ing clue what he's doing. We just gave a game away. Boston wasn't hitting for s***.

The Bullpen was out of control last night. I'm not sure he can do anything about that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 06:04 AM)
Thank god, I had started talking to Volleyballs and voting for Democrats.

This made me laugh.

And for real, I didn't realize how often I get on Soxtalk until the repeated times yesterday that I clicked the link on my favorites toolbar and then it wouldn't load.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
How Robin Ventura is still manager is crazy. Last night was evidence he has no f***ing clue what he's doing. We just gave a game away. Boston wasn't hitting for s***.

Tell me exactly what he could have done different to make his bullpen throw strikes. He literally used everyone, none of them were close to the zone

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
Tell me exactly what he could have done different to make his bullpen throw strikes. He literally used everyone, none of them were close to the zone

Agreed. There's just nothing the manager could have done. You can't really anticipate going 14 innings so you can't really go back and say he shoud have kept Belisario/Downs/Petricka out there longer, especially when none of them looked particularly good. Had he kept Downs or Petricka out there in the 8th do you think the story would have been different?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)

You know who has good control? Dylan Axelrod. I say they bring him back and insert him at closer.

But seriously, I don't know why Lindstrom is closing still. He performs much better in middle relief and set up. Move on with the inevitable and insert Webb into the role. He's going to be awesome.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
You know who has good control? Dylan Axelrod. I say they bring him back and insert him at closer.

But seriously, I don't know why Lindstrom is closing still. He performs much better in middle relief and set up. Move on with the inevitable and insert Webb into the role. He's going to be awesome.

He wasn't, really. He was sent in to try to bail out Cleto.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
Agreed. There's just nothing the manager could have done. You can't really anticipate going 14 innings so you can't really go back and say he shoud have kept Belisario/Downs/Petricka out there longer, especially when none of them looked particularly good. Had he kept Downs or Petricka out there in the 8th do you think the story would have been different?

Yea I don't think we should ever criticize a manager's use of his pen. Yes there are statistics, like career vs somebody or R/L splits, but that all goes right out the window in game. They have weight but there are like 100 other factors that the sabr dude never considers when he criticizes. I think having an open mind would go a long way in curbing "pen madness".

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)

Ironically Lindstrom was the best pitcher last night...ERA down below 4 now...I agree overall though, eff the whole build up Lindstroms trade value thing(If that's the idea behind him closing), and just go with what's going to work best.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
The umps sorta sucked last night.

i was annoyed with him with Danks at first, but the pen wasnt anywhere near his weird strike zone, or a normal strike zone.

I guess my only complaint last night was starting Cleto in the 9th, but everything else was just whatever. They sucked, way too many free passes, and the Sox lost because of it and also burned through a lot of pitchers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 06:24 AM)

I would have liked him to have Lindstrom start the 9th.