Question about Family Days

jasonxctf

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
Im thinking about going on a Sunday here this month. Would love to get your experiences on running the bases afterwards. How crazy is it? Is the line an hour long?? Can anyone run? Thanks.

Most of the experiences are for kids.

More info here:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticket...ily_sundays.jsp

here's the info for 4/27 specifically:

http://www.mlb.com/cws/images/promotions/y...april27_300.jpg

Some of these dates have codes, so you can get tix even cheaper.

4/27 - FIN

6/1 - SPAW

9/14 - FIN

Edited by ewokpelts

The Running the Bases line starts forming in the first base concourse. If you wait until the game is over it will be wrapped around into the right field walkway and it is cut off before you get to Center Field. It is kind of chaotic, so I'm not sure how good your 3 yo will do with it. You can accompany them to a point, but then you have to split away. It is for kids only.

If you want autographs, make sure to be there for the gates opening and get into a line. They only sign for a half hour, so if you are at a crowded game, you may only get through 1, maybe 2 autograph lines. From what I have seen there are at least 2 people at each line. Sometimes 3. Hawk and Stoney sign behind home plate. DJ is normally by the Sox Dugout. Farmio is by the visitors dugout and usually has 2 players with him. The outfield side of the Sox dugout is another spot that I have seen 3 players at. The players are totally random, but last year we did get Alexei, DeAza, John Danks, Gillaspie, Hector and others I can't recall right now. The line for Sale was HUGE and cut off.

Edited by SAVVY18

Thanks. I'm just wondering how my 3 year old would do here. Sitting thru a game and then waiting in a long line to run the bases may not go over well. (if its a long line??)

I took a 5 and 3 year old to their first game last summer. It wasn't a Sunday/run the bases day, but regardless, here are some tips:

1) Arrive right as the game starts, or even late.

2) Take 1-2 trips to the Fundamentals deck and/or just take a lap around the concourse.

3) Get him/her cotton candy. It takes a long time to eat so it occupies them for a while.