MLB.com Top 100

Con te Giolito

Guessing Benintendi is #1. Still wish we had acquired him.

I'm kinda with you in that I think the Sale return in general was light, but the whole panel basically agreed Moncada was the most talented prospect in baseball. That leaves the explanation for Benintendi's ranking as "the guy still on Boston".

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
I'm kinda with you in that I think the Sale return in general was light, but the whole panel basically agreed Moncada was the most talented prospect in baseball. That leaves the explanation for Benintendi's ranking as "the guy still on Boston".

You're ignoring floor, and Benintendi's floor is much higher than Moncada's. Nothing wrong these rankings IMO.

Maybe it came down to Benintendi having a better MLB debut. #1 or #2 doesn't matter to me, it's just great to have the caliper of talent that Moncada is.

Really looking forward to seeing how Collins plays in his first full season.

Fisher and Call should be interesting to keep an eye on as well.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
Maybe it came down to Benintendi having a better MLB debut. #1 or #2 doesn't matter to me, it's just great to have the caliper of talent that Moncada is.

Really looking forward to seeing how Collins plays in his first full season.

Fisher and Call should be interesting to keep an eye on as well.

Hansen could jump too.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
Hansen could jump too.

He certainly could. All he has to do is keep throwing strikes.His stuff is outstanding . He was projected to be a top pick if not the # 1 overall pick in the 2016 draft but he lost the strike zone at Oklahoma and the SOx nabbed him in the 2nd round made a few minor changes and he started looking like that # 1 pick again. Kanny should be a much bigger obstacle for him than was Great Falls where he DOMINATED. If he does well you could see him in the top 100 by the mid-season rankings.

My worry with Hansen is how well he responds to a taste of adversity. It sounds like he just fell apart mentally when things went wrong at Oklahoma which caused him to lose the zone. It sounds a little paradoxical, but I'll have a hard time believing in him until he has a bad month and bounces back. Guys who can make it are the guys who can put a bad outing, or even series of outings, behind them.

I think Hansen has the highest ceiling of any Sox pitching prospect other than Kopech.

Giolito's ceiling is almost incomprehensible. Like in terms of raw potential he could replace Sale all by his lonesome. He's got the frame, the velocity and the hook. Kopech I suppose could come close to that ceiling just because he has that peak-Verlander veloxity, but Hansen has a ways to get there.