"Best off-season job ever."

southsider2k5

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
By the way, Hahn could have done absolutely nothing besides signing Beckham and Hawk would have given him the same review.

If the Sox make the playoffs this year, it's going to be because of the strong arm of Beckham turning double plays.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
If the Sox make the playoffs this year, it's going to be because of the strong arm of Beckham turning double plays.

And nearly unlimited range to his left blah blah blah. I tell ya stone pony if gordon could actually hit his way out of a paper bag he'd be up there with frank white, bill mazeroski, Robby cano, Robbie alomar, and my ol buddy pete with Los Carmines.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
And nearly unlimited range to his left blah blah blah. I tell ya stone pony if gordon could actually hit his way out of a paper bag he'd be up there with frank white, bill mazeroski, Robby cano, Robbie alomar, and my ol buddy pete with Los Carmines.

Player tracker is supposed to be coming this year. It will confirm what many of us already suspect: for all the talk about his "elite" defense at 2B, Gordon has mediocre range at best and his overall impact at 2B is "solid" and far from elite.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)

I guess we know who is the official White Sox whipping boy for the year. Seriously all this Beckham hate for a utility dude who didn't become what we all wanted him to be is a bit overboard. He's just another failed prospect in a long line of failed prospects. He'll either find his niche or be out of baseball soon enough.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 11:52 PM)
I guess we know who is the official White Sox whipping boy for the year. Seriously all this Beckham hate for a utility dude who didn't become what we all wanted him to be is a bit overboard. He's just another failed prospect in a long line of failed prospects. He'll either find his niche or be out of baseball soon enough.

I have no hate for him. It's not that he failed, it's that he's still here taking at-bats ;) I wish him the best, and I mean it.

But I'm definitely tired of Hawk giving him an audio BJ to distract me from his latest 0 for 4.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:57 AM)
I have no hate for him. It's not that he failed, it's that he's still here taking at-bats ;) I wish him the best, and I mean it.

But I'm definitely tired of Hawk giving him an audio BJ to distract me from his latest 0 for 4.

taking at bats from whom??

whose fault will that be, meaning a real thin prospect pool??

with the owners not wanting to spend money they have, who would you have picked to be a backup??

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)

If he had tried and failed in another organization it would be so much different. But we all have memories or the rise and fall. It's hard to dismiss that. But yeah, treating him as anything more than a utility player and role model is probably too much.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 06:21 AM)
If he had tried and failed in another organization it would be so much different. But we all have memories or the rise and fall. It's hard to dismiss that. But yeah, treating him as anything more than a utility player and role model is probably too much.

That's exactly how I'll be treating him. What annoys me about him is the thought of the powers that be treating him like more. I'd like to not see that happen.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
taking at bats from whom??

whose fault will that be, meaning a real thin prospect pool??

with the owners not wanting to spend money they have, who would you have picked to be a backup??

Emilio Bonifacio, Carlos Sanchez, Micah Johnson, Tyler Saladino, JB Shuck, Michael Taylor, etc.

EDIT: Honestly, even Leury Garcia.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)

I'll never understand why some people take bad baseball players so personally.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Emilio Bonifacio, Carlos Sanchez, Micah Johnson, Tyler Saladino, JB Shuck, Michael Taylor, etc.

EDIT: Honestly, even Leury Garcia.

good one. :) i like the response.

but most of those players will make the team, those that don't needs time in the minors. so in essence, he really taking at bats from those.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
I'll never understand why some people take bad baseball players so personally.

its not that i take it seriously, its that i am never wrong. until most people understand its, like will be much better.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
Who's taking it personally? I feel like I'm at least co-piloting the Beckham Sucks Express - I needed something to do once Viciedo was gone - and I don't think I've said anything nasty. Any examples anywhere?

you could jump onboard with me and my boat of sox ownership spending more money. i am the only one here. it getting lonely.

Edited by LDF