May 19th Game Thread: White Sox @ Seattle Mariners

Starting pitchers: Jose Quintana (2-5, 4.38) vs. Ariel Miranda (3-2, 4.79)

Stadium: Safeco Field

Game start time: 9:10 PM Central Daylight Time (7:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, local time at Seattle)

Broadcast Information

Announcers: Ken Harrelson and Tom Paciorek (filling in for Steve Stone) (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio)

Broadcast times:

Television - 9:00 PM Central / 10:00 PM Eastern *

Radio - 8:35 PM Central

8 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (Independent)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23 (The CW)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Radio:

Chicago AM 890 WLS / FM HD 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn I had a f***ing blast last night even though the Sox lost. Amazing seats, probably the best I've ever had, beating the 3rd row behind Sox dugout last year at Safeco. These were right behind home row 9, season ticket holder since 1977 hooked my buddy up, just paid for beer. The Davidson HR looked like a towering pop fly that somehow carried out. A lot of loud outs last night, Melky especially was a victim of some bad luck.

Looked like the ump realized he had a couple AAAA guys on the hill and expanded the strikezone for both guys. Was it that way on pitch trax?

Weather tonight and tmr should be just about perfect, it's warming up into the 70s with sun.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
God damn I had a f***ing blast last night even though the Sox lost. Amazing seats, probably the best I've ever had, beating the 3rd row behind Sox dugout last year at Safeco. These were right behind home row 9, season ticket holder since 1977 hooked my buddy up, just paid for beer. The Davidson HR looked like a towering pop fly that somehow carried out. A lot of loud outs last night, Melky especially was a victim of some bad luck.

Looked like the ump realized he had a couple AAAA guys on the hill and expanded the strikezone for both guys. Was it that way on pitch trax?

Weather tonight and tmr should be just about perfect, it's warming up into the 70s with sun.

That's awesome but doesn't seem to matter when they have retractable roof haha dammit I wish our stadium was built with one.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:57 AM)
That's awesome but doesn't seem to matter when they have retractable roof haha

Safeco is notorious for keeping the roof open whenever they can so in April and May during night games they keep it open even when it's damp and in the 40s. I've been to some miserable games in early spring where you are chilled to the bone by the marine layer.

It's been a really cold spring here, I think everybody, including the players, is glad it's finally warming up.

Sorry to keep spamming the game thread but just a couple other quick notes:

Avi's first time up I yelled "hey Avi keep it up buddy you're making a believer out of us Sox fans" and he looked at me and gave a little nod. Avi's a cool guy he acknowledged me in the spring as well. He looks so slim this year and the fans around me on his triple were chattering about how fast he is.

Sanchez made an incredible ranging play up the middle look easy.

Compared to RV, Renteria is very chatty, both with the fans and the players. Not sure if it's better or worse just different. On the ball Covey took off his body (leg?) he was laughing with Herm as they entered the dugout.

The bat that went into the stands probably would have been stopped by the new netting a bunch of clubs have installed. Safeco hasn't put up the netting and I don't mind. The fan that got the bat looked pretty happy. There were a lot of hard hit rockets into the stands last night, hooking line drives.

Safeco actually got pretty loud on the walkoff, not sure what they announced as attendance but there looked to be about 10-15k in the stadium. The micro beer stand at our section had no line the entire night.

Nice man, I hope to live in Seattle in the next year or two. I look at the Mariners like my second team since I loved them as a kid. Having Buhner, Edgar, and Griffey in the order will do that to you.

When I was around 9 I saw Buhner hit a home run in Milwaukee that looking back was probably 500 feet. It cleared the stadium in left

He was one of my favorite players growing up

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 19, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Safeco is notorious for keeping the roof open whenever they can so in April and May during night games they keep it open even when it's damp and in the 40s. I've been to some miserable games in early spring where you are chilled to the bone by the marine layer.

It's been a really cold spring here, I think everybody, including the players, is glad it's finally warming up.

Another fellow Soxtalker in the area. :cheers

Anderson on pace for Valentinesque error numbers.

Having a non statue at 1b might help, though.

4.41 era. Made that pitch too easy to put in the air. Oh well.

That catcher makes Asche look like HoF hitter.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:03 AM)
We aren't going to score a run

Maybe stop batting Melky so high, especially vs LHP. Have a feeling he's going to get way too much playing time for the rest of the season.

Herrera blows another save, this time against the Twins.

3-3 going into extras.

Miranda already just one away from career high in K's. Now with 7 through 4, still no hits.

Steverson's Way, soon to be added to the Tom Emanski/Fred McGriff instructional video series.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2017 -> 10:05 PM)
Maybe stop batting Melky so high, especially vs LHP. Have a feeling he's going to get way too much playing time for the rest of the season.

Yeah there are so many good options other than melky. Look at the buffet of great hitters all over. Really missing a chance.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:13 AM)
Yeah there are so many good options other than melky. Look at the buffet of great hitters all over. Really missing a chance.

Not sure why they moved Yolmer down when he's been hitting well. No big deal but not a fan of shifting Anderson back up at this moment