Baseball America White Sox top 10 list

royoung

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
Baseball America has it as:

1. Tim Anderson SS

2. Carson Fulmer RHP

3. Spencer Adams RHP

4. Trey Michalczewski 3B

5. Jacob May CF

6. Tyler Danish RHP

7. Adam Engel OF

8. Jordan Guerrero LHP

9. Courtney Hawkins OF

10. Corey Zangari 1B

For everyone that bashes our system, I think that's a pretty nice top 10.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:00 AM)

I hope that's a true statement, but look at this list 5 years from now, and see if you would say the same thing.

Jacob May almost 24, and has fewer than 100 games at AA, with a .663 OPS. He still has time, but I agree that #5 is a stretch.

I'm glad Adolfo isn't on the list. Players shouldn't be on lists unless they've played in college or full season minor league ball. Prove you're a baseball player first, and don't just look good in a uniform.

Same for Zangari. I've seen high school kids do really well in Rookie ball, they go to low-A, and are never heard from again.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
I'm glad Adolfo isn't on the list. Players shouldn't be on lists unless they've played in college or full season minor league ball. Prove you're a baseball player first, and don't just look good in a uniform.

#10 has as much experience above Rookie ball as Adolfo.

Eh, after the top 3, it's pretty mediocre. System has taken a step back since summer, due to graduations, trades, etc. Talent there, especially in the younger ranks, but weakened in the 4 to 15 range.

Pretty steep drop off after the top 3 if you ask me. But of course we lost Montas and Micah who would have been 4 and 5, and Trayce would have been in the back of Top 10 had he qualified.

I don't know if May at #5 is a reflection of his potential or a lack of strong candidates for the spot, but I think it's more likely the latter.

Edited by 2005thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Pretty steep drop off after the top 3 if you ask me. But of course we lost Montas and Micah who would have been 4 and 5, and Trayce would have been in the back of Top 10 had he qualified.

I don't know if May at #5 is a reflection of his potential or a lack of strong candidates for the spot, but I think it's more likely the latter.

Would Tracye and Micah have still qualified? Both played in Chicago a lot last year.

While I agree the elite talent drops off after 3, the system looks pretty well stocked with arms at this point and if they can add some solid upside with these 3 picks in the top 50 next season, the system will be looking pretty good.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
While I agree the elite talent drops off after 3, the system looks pretty well stocked with arms at this point and if they can add some solid upside with these 3 picks in the top 50 next season, the system will be looking pretty good.

The depth of potentially interesting talent is still good, but that key T10 talent has slid back.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
The depth of potentially interesting talent is still good, but that key T10 talent has slid back.

Probably why the Sox are excited about those three selections in the first fifty picks of the 2016 draft.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Would Tracye and Micah have still qualified? Both played in Chicago a lot last year.

I pointed out Trayce wouldn't have qualified, but forgot Micah did spend a good couple of months with the big league team at the start of last year. Don't blame me that he wasn't that impressionable when he played ha.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
I pointed out Trayce wouldn't have qualified, but forgot Micah did spend a good couple of months with the big league team at the start of last year. Don't blame me that he wasn't that impressionable when he played ha.

I was just wondering. I honestly had no idea if it was long enough or not, but I thought they might have been off of the rankings, even if they hadn't been dealt.