BP Top 10 Sox Prospects

fathom

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
There are a few incorrect points in his article, but some good info there as well.

Adolfo at 4 seems high, and Peter at 7 is WAY too high for me. Lowry at 10 a stretch too but I get it.

For an uninformed, only has stats to evaluate guy like myself, what is there to "Get" about Lowry?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
For an uninformed, only has stats to evaluate guy like myself, what is there to "Get" about Lowry?

Big guy, strong frame, was impressed by his work ethic and physical training when I met him. Fastball hits upper 90s, still pretty young for the level he's at.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
Biggest difference of opinion has to be Adolfo...and then the ceiling of Peter.

For where they ranked Peter it didn't seem like they were too high on his ceiling, more so his floor. That in and of itself speaks volumes for how they feel about the depth of the system ranking him where they do. They pretty much really like Anderson, Fulmer, and Adams, and are pretty meh on the balance of the system.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
For where they ranked Peter it didn't seem like they were too high on his ceiling, more so his floor. That in and of itself speaks volumes for how they feel about the depth of the system ranking him where they do. They pretty much really like Anderson, Fulmer, and Adams, and are pretty meh on the balance of the system.

The funny thing is, outside the top 3, the systems looks upside down right now. You've got high floor guys in the back of the T10 and to the teens, then a lot of low floor but potentially high ceiling youngsters from the teens on. At least for me anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
The funny thing is, outside the top 3, the systems looks upside down right now. You've got high floor guys in the back of the T10 and to the teens, then a lot of low floor but potentially high ceiling youngsters from the teens on. At least for me anyway.

Me too, which means that 2016 should be one of the most interesting farm system years since Sox Talk was created.