FanGraphs Top White Sox Prospects List

Eminor3rd

Farnsworth often comes up with rankings that deviate from status quo: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluating-...cago-white-sox/

1. Spencer Adams

2. Tim Anderson

3. Carson Fulmer

4. Adam Engel

5. Jordan Guerrero

6. Tyler Danish

7. Jacob May

8. Chris Beck

9. Corey Zangari

10. Trey Michalczewski

11. Eddy Alvarez

12. Jhoandro Alfaro

13. Jordan Stephens

14. Courtney Hawkins

15. Brian Clark

16. Jason Coats

17. Brandon Brennan

18. Micker Adolfo

19. Jake Peter

20. Andre Wheeler

21. Jace Fry

22. Robin Leyer

23. Thad Lowry

Mentions: Danny Dopico, Johan Cruz, Amado Nunez, Nick Delmonico, Matt Davidson, Keon Barnum, Nolan Sanburn, Luis Martinez, Blake Hickman, David Trexler, Zach Thompson, Michael Ynoa.

EDIT: Also, tons of FutureSox video featured!

Edited by Eminor3rd

Some interesting choices there. Lots of FS videos and links to other FS content too - I'd say probably half the media links they use in total are from FS. Kind of surprised he didn't just reach out to us.

In fact there are places in there where I get the feeling he may have just been reading our prospect profiles and re-stating some things. Maybe not though, it's hard to say that sort of thing because much of people's views on players will end up overlapping.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Some interesting choices there. Lots of FS videos and links to other FS content too - I'd say probably half the media links they use in total are from FS. Kind of surprised he didn't just reach out to us.

In fact there are places in there where I get the feeling he may have just been reading our prospect profiles and re-stating some things. Maybe not though, it's hard to say that sort of thing because much of people's views on players will end up overlapping.

Oh, I just assumed he DID reach out.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Oh, I just assumed he DID reach out.

Nope. Unless he had convos with one of our writers and they didn't mention it, which is possible but not likely.

Their list last year had some of our videos too, but not this many (it was a different writer too). I can also tell in some cases who his sources were, outside FS. But he clearly took our takes into account, in addition to using the video and other content directly.

I find it odd he has Alfaro as high as 12. Just as weird is Johan Cruz being an afterthought.

Spencer Adams at #1 is surprising to me. Fangraphs called him a"developing frontline starter" and "can reach up to 97" on his FB. The most optimistic projection I've seen on him previously was a solid #3 and when I saw him pitch in August he sat 89-90 and touched 91.

However, I will say though that scouts told me he looked much sharper earlier in the year. Adams more than tripled his innings from 2014 to 2015 so I wouldn't be surprised if he was hitting a wall in August. Still, I am not sure I've ever heard of him hitting 97...

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
Spencer Adams at #1 is surprising to me. Fangraphs called him a"developing frontline starter" and "can reach up to 97" on his FB. The most optimistic projection I've seen on him previously was a solid #3 and when I saw him pitch in August he sat 89-90 and touched 91.

However, I will say though that scouts told me he looked much sharper earlier in the year. Adams more than tripled his innings from 2014 to 2015 so I wouldn't be surprised if he was hitting a wall in August. Still, I am not sure I've ever heard of him hitting 97...

Adams was as high as 96 in the AZL in 2014. In 2015 he hit an endurance wall, and also was taking on new mechanical changes form his coaches, which resulted in decreased velocity. But I also heard reports he was still getting to 94 at least in 2015. He needs to add some muscle I think.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
Adams was as high as 96 in the AZL in 2014. In 2015 he hit an endurance wall, and also was taking on new mechanical changes form his coaches, which resulted in decreased velocity. But I also heard reports he was still getting to 94 at least in 2015. He needs to add some muscle I think.

I knew he was touching 94 early in 2015, but didn't know he was at 96 in 2014. He is definitely athletic and if you squint and imagine him with more bulk and a refined, repeatable delivery, frontline starter isn't out of the question. Obviously quite a bit of projection to have him #1 in the system. But I guess it's no more outlandish than having Alfaro at #12...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)
And because it's funny, Adams routinely out dueled Kolek.

How many times did they face off?

that is my guy Adams.....

and mayo as his as a #3 sp. shiiiite i should not post this. i can not compare my skills to the experts. but i will say i still have high hopes for at least a solid #2. sp.

I like that list. It's more dynamic than most of the others, and recognizes improvement and potential in the A ball players. It also recognizes a player like Alvarez, who had a sensational year, although he was old for the group. iI like the top five and they should not be touched.

Edited by GreenSox