5/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ May 9, 2017 -> 09:02 PM)
Wow, Courtney Hawkins is just bad. Had no idea this guy was rocking a 47/2 K/BB on the year...

Yeah, I don't even know what can be said anymore. If he has bullets in his shoulder, he might as well find out if he can be a bullpen pitcher.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 9, 2017 -> 08:05 PM)
Yeah, I don't even know what can be said anymore. If he has bullets in his shoulder, he might as well find out if he can be a bullpen pitcher.

Looks like he's trying to be an all or nothing power hitter. Someone needs to honestly sit him down and tell him what he's doing is not working, that he's nearing the end of the road and they are going to give him one last chance. Figure out if he still wants to be a major league ballplayer. If so, send him down to A ball, shorten his swing, and have him focus on OBP. Don't even worry about hitting for power at this point. Get him on base and building up that confidence again. Find some penalty like running 5 laps around the stadium for every HR or strikeout lol. I know he's a pro but you've got to find some way to change his thinking.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:57 AM)
Micker Adolfo 3 for 5 up to .310 now. Pleasant surprise there.

It's hard not to get excited about reports saying something has clicked with him and he's playing with a quiet confidence, really hoping this kid keeps finally breaking out.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 10, 2017 -> 06:00 AM)
It's hard not to get excited about reports saying something has clicked with him and he's playing with a quiet confidence, really hoping this kid keeps finally breaking out.

If only he could start being more patient and drawing some walks...

But I'm happy to see he has strung some good games together hitting lately. He's so young that it was tough to totally write him off.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 10, 2017 -> 08:09 AM)
If only he could start being more patient and drawing some walks...

But I'm happy to see he has strung some good games together hitting lately. He's so young that it was tough to totally write him off.

Getting his K rate down, his average up, and him on the field on a daily basis is a great start for me.