Jake Burger

KnightsOnMintSt

Would love to see Jake Burger make the jump at some point this season to Birmingham. He came out blazing to begin his pro career, and cooled off a little bit as the season ended. Hopefully he starts in WS and makes the jump to Birmingham during the season. Seems as if he's really been working hard this off-season.

QUOTE (KnightsOnMintSt @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 11:15 AM)
Would love to see Jake Burger make the jump at some point this season to Birmingham. He came out blazing to begin his pro career, and cooled off a little bit as the season ended. Hopefully he starts in WS and makes the jump to Birmingham during the season. Seems as if he's really been working hard this off-season.

Likely will happen by the end of season

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 19, 2018 -> 10:51 AM)
It is just BP, but he looks like he is absolutely murdering the ball already

Him and Delmonico worked their asses off all "offseason", love this attitude these Sox have...Most early appearances in ST ever this year with 66 or something like that

Starts with culture and this culture is headed in the right direction

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:10 AM)
Nice Burger interview from a few days ago I found if anyone wants to give it a listen. Talks about his past, how he's dealing with his injury, thinks Skoug was a steal for us, all about the Burger and Beer slogans, says to keep an eye out on fathom's boy Eierman in this draft, etc.

Hope he's right on Skoug

Can't wait to see Burger play again, great guy

Edited by ChiSoxJon

• 3 weeks later...

After the original tear I wasn't concerned about Burger as a prospect

Now I am, if this recovery doesn't go quickly, the next time we may see him in his Spring of '19 in High A...not ideal

Hopefully he comes back stronger than ever, awful situation, good guy

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just that an Achilles tear should never happen to someone his age unless there's a structural issue

Looking it up it isn't as rare as you think, but I can't find anything about a specific structural issue. Hopefully someone with expertise can chime in

edit: ptact responded in the other thread, you were right

Edited by reiks12

2 hours ago, sox71 said:

Totally different players but this has me worried that we have a J. Mitchell situation, he might never be the same.  

Never relied on his speed to begin with. But a big developmental setback. And I'm sure risk of re-injury is high so he may become like Konerko on the basepaths just to stay injury free.

Edited by soxforlife05