Sox to go trade route possibly

Whisox05

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/10...3/trades-likely

Part of this article was mentioned from what Hahn talked about on the score yesterday. I been trying to find the audio. Hahn said for the last 3 weeks he's been talking to other GM'S about trades and will be able to sit down this week with some face to face during the gm meetings to get a realistic idea on what can happen.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN!??!?!

He has a made up 3 year plan which implies that they will be making moves this off-season to challenge KC. Most of last year's moves did not work out, but hopefully whatever they do is not a band-aid approach that hurts the team long-term.

I just hope that Hahn does something to improve the team for 2016. Some White Sox people have implied that they're not going to make major changes in the team. They seem to think that some of their players will bounce back from a bad 2015. I'm hoping that is just talk on their behalf. The team needs some new blood on the team otherwise it's going to be another long year in 2016.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
This team has a plan. If anyone thinks otherwise you're crazy. Whether they execute it or not remains to be seen.

I hope the front office can execute their plan better than the team did on the field. We need soooo many upgrades.

For some reason I was thinking about Carlos Quentin yesterday so I looked up his BR page, saw how old he was and thought how sad it was that he was done. I saw him during his last season vs. the Cubs and he could barely stand.Now, he is said to be attempting a comeback, and most assuredly will have to sign a minor league contract. Supposedly he would market himself as a 1B/DH/OF. Sign me up. If he can't do it, so what? He won't be healthy the entire season, but when he is, he is exactly the type of hitter the Sox need.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
For some reason I was thinking about Carlos Quentin yesterday so I looked up his BR page, saw how old he was and thought how sad it was that he was done. I saw him during his last season vs. the Cubs and he could barely stand.Now, he is said to be attempting a comeback, and most assuredly will have to sign a minor league contract. Supposedly he would market himself as a 1B/DH/OF. Sign me up. If he can't do it, so what? He won't be healthy the entire season, but when he is, he is exactly the type of hitter the Sox need.

No thanks. He's been washed up since 2011.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)

I'd love to see TCQ get another chance. Great guy, whose career was derailed by unfortunate injuries.

You just said he could barely stand last year, and then you want to sign him?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3257847:date=Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:10 PM:name=Dick Allen)-->
<!--quotec-->For some reason I was thinking about Carlos Quentin yesterday so I looked up his BR page, saw how old he was and thought how sad it was that he was done. I saw him during his last season vs. the Cubs and he could barely stand.Now, he is said to be attempting a comeback, and most assuredly will have to sign a minor league contract. Supposedly he would market himself as a 1B/DH/OF. Sign me up. If he can't do it, so what? He won't be healthy the entire season, but when he is, he is exactly the type of hitter the Sox need.

You just said he could barely stand last year, and then you want to sign him?

Could barely stand in 2014. Sat out 2015. Again, it's a minor league contract. If he's reasonably heathy, he is better offensively than most 9 figure free agents. He just isn't going to make it the entire year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
.877 OPS in 2012

.855 OPS in 2013

Hurt 2014, didn't play 2015.

86 games in 2012

82 games in 2013

50 games in 2014

Never has played a full season due to injuries. He is always injured, but we know this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
86 games in 2012

82 games in 2013

50 games in 2014

Never has played a full season due to injuries. He is always injured, but we know this.

I am under no illusion he would get 500-600 plate appearances.

I posted he won't make it through the season. I don't even know if he would make it to game 1, but IMO, it's worth a shot if he's healthy enough to play in spring training. Perhaps his familiarity with the White Sox and their training staff makes it attractive.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
I am under no illusion he would get 500-600 plate appearances.

I posted he won't make it through the season. I don't even know if he would make it to game 1, but IMO, it's worth a shot if he's healthy enough to play in spring training. Perhaps his familiarity with the White Sox and their training staff makes it attractive.

whether it is a good move or not, this is something that the sox owners may do.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
I always enjoy the Cubs fans trade thoughts.

Let's give them Baez or Castro for Rodon or Sale...yeah that'll work

Baez and Castro would be horrible whether in a larger pkg or not. i really don't see the excitement in them.

just my opinion.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
Baez and Castro would be horrible whether in a larger pkg or not. i really don't see the excitement in them.

just my opinion.

They are both extremely flawed players.

I wouldnt want them in any package.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Never hurts to bring someone into camp on a minor league deal and invite.

I remember attending a Sox game in Seattle with Felix Hernandez against Phil Humber. Carlos Quentin hit a laser homerun to left field off the King. Humber was dueling Hernandez and Sox lost 3-2 when Thonrton blew it with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th