Sox Selling Nancy Faust's Organ

Dunt

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
I know Nancy. She owns the organ, but gave it to the White Sox for the sale.

That's cool to hear. I hope whoever buys it wants to preserve it at the park or HOF though, that isn't something that should be collecting dust in someones basement.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
I don't know, I feel the organ could serve better as forever a musuem piece in the park than sold for a finite amount of charity money. Hopefully it falls into good hands.

A freaking organ? People will be lined up around the block to look over the organ thousands of times.

It is good to hear Nancy herself is the one donating it for charity.

Why hasn't anyone questioned where it even was if it would be such a big deal to look at? Let someone buy it, and help a needy kid or family.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
A freaking organ? People will be lined up around the block to look over the organ thousands of times.

Why hasn't anyone questioned where it even was if it would be such a big deal to look at? Let someone buy it, and help a needy kid or family.

LOL

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)

Put it in the ball park and tens of thousands of people would view it every single year. Im sure someone has some good ideas for it, but it'd be a great dedication for the legend that is Nancy Faust. Put it in a case and use it as a centerpiece to explain why she is a legend and her impact on Chicago and sports as a whole. With the amount of eyes on it, hopefully she could continue to inspire some even in her retirement.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
Put it in the ball park and tens of thousands of people would view it every single year. Im sure someone has some good ideas for it, but it'd be a great dedication for the legend that is Nancy Faust. Put it in a case and use it as a centerpiece to explain why she is a legend and her impact on Chicago and sports as a whole. With the amount of eyes on it, hopefully she could continue to inspire some even in her retirement.

Nancy has a plaque on the organ booth and the new lady has an organ you can look at. I will admit, it is awe inspiring.

I liked Nancy as much as anyone, and I too am bothered by the demise of the organ and move to canned music, but that is where it is headed. I don't think an old organ in a glass case is going to change where this is headed. Getting some kids who need coats and food is a better choice.

Edited by Dick Allen

I, for one, believe that if a former hallowed employee's kidney or lung could afford us a new shortstop, third baseman, catcher who can hit, outfielder who can catch and throw or DH who doesn't strike out more than he makes contact, we should all just be very grateful to Nancy Faust for her generous, unselfish donation of said organ.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)

It's not a "freaking" organ, it's "Nancy Faust's" organ. I would think you might know the difference. And given the profound and indelible effect Nancy had on Sox fans for over 40 years, having her organ present in the ballpark to remind us fondly of her contributions to the fan experience would be really cool. Yes, there's the plaque on the organist's booth, but having the actual organ there would be a far greater and more unique tribute to her. Think of it in the same vein as having all of those statues of former Sox greats in the park. What are they there for? To remind us of some of the greatness of the Sox' past. Nancy Faust falls in that category, albeit in a slightly different capacity, and therefore the suggestion that the organ belongs in Sox Park is not only a reasonable one, but if you think about it, the right one as well.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
how bout they install it in the stadium and can the recorded cheesy pop-metal crap they play.

I'm down with that!

I miss the comforting sounds of the organ. I can throw AC/DC into my CD player anytime I want, that's not special at all.

Edited by Doc Edwards Shot

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
It's not a "freaking" organ, it's "Nancy Faust's" organ. I would think you might know the difference. And given the profound and indelible effect Nancy had on Sox fans for over 40 years, having her organ present in the ballpark to remind us fondly of her contributions to the fan experience would be really cool. Yes, there's the plaque on the organist's booth, but having the actual organ there would be a far greater and more unique tribute to her. Think of it in the same vein as having all of those statues of former Sox greats in the park. What are they there for? To remind us of some of the greatness of the Sox' past. Nancy Faust falls in that category, albeit in a slightly different capacity, and therefore the suggestion that the organ belongs in Sox Park is not only a reasonable one, but if you think about it, the right one as well.

Why not have a statue of Nancy and still sell the organ for money. After all, the player statues don't have real gloves and bats.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
Why not have a statue of Nancy and still sell the organ for money. After all, the player statues don't have real gloves and bats.

Lol - well, they could do that, but the plaque on the organist's booth already has her likeness, so this might be a duplication of efforts. The actual organ would be really unique. She was always considered the most talented organist in baseball throughout her tenure, so to acknowledge and honor that by having the actual organ on the park's premises would be, in my opinion, the appropriate thing to do.