Wilin Rosario

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
He elected to go to free agency. I know he has been a name that has been thrown around here the last couple years. I would like to bring him in, I think he still has good upside even though his numbers away from Coors have been pretty bad.

I liked the idea of Rosario as a back C/platooner for LaRoche, but then we signed Avila. The ship has sailed, methinks.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 11:53 PM)
He elected to go to free agency. I know he has been a name that has been thrown around here the last couple years. I would like to bring him in, I think he still has good upside even though his numbers away from Coors have been pretty bad.

that is the key factor... his avg away from coors.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
If he can still be okay behind the plate, I'd love for him to take Flowers roster spots and also take some at bats away from Laroche. Unfortunately I don't see us doing that anyways.

He's supposedly extra-bad behind the plate, and I don't know that the difference between his bat and Flowers is enough to justify both the defense loss and the Chris Sale sadness.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 11:57 PM)
If he can still be okay behind the plate, I'd love for him to take Flowers roster spots and also take some at bats away from Laroche. Unfortunately I don't see us doing that anyways.

You need to step back on statements like this. Rosario was released for a reason. poor hitting away from his home park and he is a bad defender. We may wish for an all-star catcher but at least Flowers is rated as an excellent defender ad on occasion provides some pop in that bat of his. It makes no sense to me that we would get rid of Flowers and count on a catcher that just got released by his team. You are losing not gainng by that

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
You need to step back on statements like this. Rosario was released for a reason. poor hitting away from his home park and he is a bad defender. We may wish for an all-star catcher but at least Flowers is rated as an excellent defender ad on occasion provides some pop in that bat of his. It makes no sense to me that we would get rid of Flowers and count on a catcher that just got released by his team. You are losing not gainng by that

^ This. Rosario is not good. By any standard, really.