Leonys Martin DFA, any interest?

chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
Owed about 3 million. Sox would have to clear a 40 man spot. I'd take him over May for sure. Martin is actually a MLB player for starters.

I mean, at some point they could probably transfer Rodon to the 60-day dl which would clear a 40-man spot.

I'm fine either way. If they Sox bring him on board...yes...you have a professional player albeit not a great one to man CF. Maybe a change of scenery and the Cuban presence here will re-energize him.

Cons: He's 29...what's the point?

I'm for it. Massive upgrade over what we're running out there right now. 2 years removed from being a PLUS PLUS CF.

Nothing to lose, and its possible he turns into something useful that could be traded for more that organizational depth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Attitude problems. God how bad must the Sox suck when guys with a .302 OPS are desired. He sucks. Even his defense has slipped. No one is going to give you anything for him.

At this point, May should probably be in the minors and if you start Leury, you need someone capable of playing CF on the bench (unless you want to bank on Leury never needing to sit and having Sanchez/Saladino as an emergency guy). That's why I wouldn't mind him honestly.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
Owed about 3 million. Sox would have to clear a 40 man spot. I'd take him over May for sure. Martin is actually a MLB player for starters.

No

Sox don't need mlb players of that level.

Give W Garcia a shot.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
No

Sox don't need mlb players of that level.

Give W Garcia a shot.

What level is this 29 year old recently DFAed player at? Is he too AAAA for you? Too much of a prospect? What day is it today, are you for the rebuild or do we have too many prospects

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)
What level is this 29 year old recently DFAed player at? Is he too AAAA for you? Too much of a prospect? What day is it today, are you for the rebuild or do we have too many prospects

Let's see, I said no to the AAAA player and yes to bringing up the 24 year old prospect.

Are you still angry with me?

Edited by GreenSox