Spike Lee movie "Chriraq" polarizes Chicago

caulfield12

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
I live in Chicago, this movie isn't polarizing anything...nobody cares except those that want some free publicity for or against the film.

imo, trying to create hype for the movie.

I believe that the issue the last couple weeks had to do with tax breaks/incentives for filming in the state. Rahm wanted to take them away unless Lee changed the name of the film. It's laughable for Rahm to think this movie could hurt Chicago's violent image any more......

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
It's how the political game is played these days.

I thought that ended when the reports came out about just how much money michigan (among others) were losing from these with basically 0 material gain.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
I thought that ended when the reports came out about just how much money michigan (among others) were losing from these with basically 0 material gain.

How many reports have there been about how terrible of an idea it is for taxpayers to fund large portions of sports stadiums?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
How many reports have there been about how terrible of an idea it is for taxpayers to fund large portions of sports stadiums?

People care much less about a potential movie shooting (if they even know about it at all), then losing a sports team. Many states rolled these back the last 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...