Help! Pro baseball player search

Texsox

I am researching a Texas writer for a chapter in my MA Thesis. His name is Mack Thomas and on one of the dust jackets for his novel The Total Beast it mentions he "tried his hand at pitching professional baseball" another reference makes me believe he probably was paid to play. Any suggestions on sources that may help me trace the dates and teams? (he has been dead for forty years). He was born in 1928 and served in the Air Force and went to college so he probably played in the 1950s.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
Just make it up. Every paper I ever wrote had quotes and "facts" that I made up in it. My own personal Easter eggs.

Say this guy had a "cup of coffee" with the St. Louis Browns after the war. Which war? Who cares? Done and done.

You're welcome.

lol.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Just make it up. Every paper I ever wrote had quotes and "facts" that I made up in it. My own personal Easter eggs.

Say this guy had a "cup of coffee" with the St. Louis Browns after the war. Which war? Who cares? Done and done.

You're welcome.

Hilarious, and you're right.

Nobody has the time to check a bibliography.

Remember this is a MA Thesis that a committee will be reviewing before I defend it later this year. I am the professor's only student for this class. It is the equivalent of 9 semester hours.

Also, I am hoping to write a couple pages about his baseball career. I wish it were that easy. :lol:

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
Thank you. I am still trying to track down a birth certificate. All I have now is the year of birth.

Seriously, ask around a facebook page centered on the towns history. There is one centered around my hometown and it amazes me the things that get talked about there. I would be willing to bet that someone knows someone who grew up with him, played ball with him, or just remembers him and can give you at least a direction to go in.