Ricketts selling 20% of Cubs, looking for $400 million

southsider2k5

jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 1h1 hour ago

Re-read the @sbjsbd story and missed the part where it said Cubs are selling. 20% share. Team valued at $2 billion. http://goo.gl/6mSMH4

So Cubs are trying to raise $400 million, almost half the purchase price of team. And some media wanted you to feel sorry for Ricketts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 1h1 hour ago

Re-read the @sbjsbd story and missed the part where it said Cubs are selling. 20% share. Team valued at $2 billion. http://goo.gl/6mSMH4

So Cubs are trying to raise $400 million, almost half the purchase price of team. And some media wanted you to feel sorry for Ricketts.

:bang

i think they got way over their head on this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
They got in at an awful time with the collapse in real estate and the economy, plus the Cubs falling apart on the field.

If the actual worth of the franchise has doubled since they bought, they probably got in at a great time, although now I am reading they are looking at $300 million for 20% of the franchise. This will help them finance the rehab, and the rehab will help them pay down their debt. They still aren't at paying players.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
If the actual worth of the franchise has doubled since they bought, they probably got in at a great time, although now I am reading they are looking at $300 million for 20% of the franchise. This will help them finance the rehab, and the rehab will help them pay down their debt. They still aren't at paying players.

This. I can of feel that Theo was sold a bunch of bad promises. Ricketts was a fan who was looking to buy a team which also made him more money. Truth is, sports teams generally will lose you dough. I never got the feeling he had enough money to actually do what he needed to.

George Lucas, yes that George Lucas, owns two of the rooftops, the Cubby Bear and the Sports Corner. He is building the Star Wars museum in Chicago. I get the feeling there is something going on with Lucas, The city and the cubs.

I hope Lucas buys the Cubs and moves them to a galaxy far, far away.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
George Lucas, yes that George Lucas, owns two of the rooftops, the Cubby Bear and the Sports Corner. He is building the Star Wars museum in Chicago. I get the feeling there is something going on with Lucas, The city and the cubs.

George Loukas owns the Cubby Bear and rooftops.

Here's his picture. Unless he has had some awful plastic surgery and changed the spelling of his name, unlike the Bears, he is not who you think he is.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6002219...igleyville.html

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)

lol, no, not THAT George Lucas. Different man