WHITE SOX WINNER! !!!!

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 04:03 AM)
Winning is better than losing

That's how I feel.

Cmon folks, let's hear it for the 2 wins vs. the Stros. Better than losing to 'em. Once again many individual players normally despised come through. Flowers?? Kudos tonight again for his 3 hits and the big one. DeAza? Nice job again. The bullpen? WTF. It came through again. Noesi does OK and Eaton and Lexi excel again. Of course Eaton and Lexi aren't despised, just the others.

If we could get A. Garcia back could we contend for wild card? No, I won't go there. But like Big Hurt said ... winning is better than losing. Happy Saturday!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
That's how I feel.

Cmon folks, let's hear it for the 2 wins vs. the Stros. Better than losing to 'em. Once again many individual players normally despised come through. Flowers?? Kudos tonight again for his 3 hits and the big one. DeAza? Nice job again. The bullpen? WTF. It came through again. Noesi does OK and Eaton and Lexi excel again. Of course Eaton and Lexi aren't despised, just the others.

If we could get A. Garcia back could we contend for wild card? No, I won't go there. But like Big Hurt said ... winning is better than losing. Happy Saturday!!

That's the nicest post you've ever made.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
That's how I feel.

Who are you and what have you done with Greg

Good game although should have been a more comfortable win. Hector had good stuff and luckily the Astros didn't make him pay that 3rd time around quite enough. 13 hits but only scored 4 runs, that's not good.

Watching Altuve verse Beckham...

If the Sox had signed Robbie Cano they might have been wild card contenders.

This team seemingly isn't half bad but 2B and SP need major upgrades. Beckam is now hitting 232/284/370.

Sox will be lucky to get anything for Gordon, maybe an intriguing A ball pitcher at best.

On the SP front, good news is that even if Rodon is middle case, solid #2 or 3 starter, the Sox have a really good top of the rotation locked down for 5+ years (knock on wood) and finding a 4th and 5th shouldn't be too difficult given their past success. If Rodon is an ace, that gives some room for Sale or Q to fall off a bit, or all 3 of them dominate best case and the Sox can contend for years to come mostly based on them alone.

Obviously the team needs to inject more talent both at the MLB and MilB levels, but getting Rodon was a huge coup and enough of Hahn's moves are paying off to where the team is now baseline mediocre instead of awful, with quite a bit of payroll flexibility in the years to come.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 04:46 AM)

I still say it's Greg but he was a "wtf, robin actually made the right decision for once" away from doing a 180

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 03:46 AM)

Ask the board veterans ... I used to be one of the kindest posters when I always stood up for Dye, Wise, Pods and of course Jenks etc., when they were under attack.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
Ask the board veterans ... I used to be one of the kindest posters when I always stood up for Dye, Wise, Pods and of course Jenks etc., when they were under attack.

I liked all those guys too. It's nice to score more runs than the other team.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
Obviously the team needs to inject more talent both at the MLB and MilB levels, but getting Rodon was a huge coup and enough of Hahn's moves are paying off to where the team is now baseline mediocre instead of awful, with quite a bit of payroll flexibility in the years to come.

Tasty times, coming soon. :)