2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
Bears:

4-3, 3-4, 4-3 under, some sort of other hybrid?

With the new coaches they hired you'd have to think they run at least some sort of hybrid if not a full on 3-4.

In an absolutely ideal, yet sensible, world the Bears sign Michael Bennett, Terrance Cody, resign Ratliff, and draft Kony Ealy.

In a hybrid that sets up as...

4-3 formations

DL-Bennett-Ratliff-Cody-Ealy

LB--Briggs-Bostic-SMC (I know Shea isn't ideal but Emery has already talked about him there so give it a shot)

3-4

DL-- Bennett-Cody-Ratliff

LB-Smc-Briggs-Bostic-Ealy (in this ideal world Briggs agrees to play inside)

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
With the new coaches they hired you'd have to think they run at least some sort of hybrid if not a full on 3-4.

In an absolutely ideal, yet sensible, world the Bears sign Michael Bennett, Terrance Cody, resign Ratliff, and draft Kony Ealy.

In a hybrid that sets up as...

4-3 formations

DL-Bennett-Ratliff-Cody-Ealy

LB--Briggs-Bostic-SMC (I know Shea isn't ideal but Emery has already talked about him there so give it a shot)

3-4

DL-- Bennett-Cody-Ratliff

LB-Smc-Briggs-Bostic-Ealy (in this ideal world Briggs agrees to play inside)

Sorry, I don't think they are running a 3-4.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
the Big Lead has 1000 texts between Incognito and Martin. Doesnt look good for Martin.

Unless that transcript is fake (seems fairly real to me), then Martin's career is done. It appears they were really good friends and Martin just bailed and turned all of this on Incognito for no reason.

Im curious why they didnt release those texts right away so Incognito wasnt suspended. Seems strange to just not play and allow yourself to be suspended when you are sitting on evidence that will make it go away

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)
I don't know where to put this but this is amazing: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/jared-lore...river-monsters/

Every Giants game on TV I would search the sideline to find him for a quick laugh. And now he's even bigger!!

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 07:13 AM)
Im curious why they didnt release those texts right away so Incognito wasnt suspended. Seems strange to just not play and allow yourself to be suspended when you are sitting on evidence that will make it go away

Well there were text messages talking about drug usage as well as stuff dealing with hookers. Those could have been reasons why they didnt want to leak this right away.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
the Big Lead has 1000 texts between Incognito and Martin. Doesnt look good for Martin.

Every one of those awful quotes, in context, make sense. I mean, they're still inappropriate in public, but in private between two friends? And it sure seemed like Martin played a long too. Not to the same degree, but still.

I'd be super pissed if I were Icongnito. This asshole ruined your career over nothing.

I'd probably not let on to my terrorizer that he was getting to me if I could help it. With that said, who knows what's going on. I'm curious what the NFL investigation will turn up.

Also, another subject, Ratliff at 3-4 NT - be aware that Dallas played a one-gap 3-4, which is a bit outside of the norm. There's no way to be sure whether Ratliff could be a two-gap NT