Manager Chopping Block

Brian

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Ausmus will be out after the season.

Rosenthal reporting Ron Gardenhire and Rick Renteria are likely candidates.

I read a couple days ago Gardenhire was a done deal.

Ausmus is an Ivy League educated ex-catcher. I don't know how he can be blamed for the Tigers sucking this year, but it looks to be a case of a new GM wanting his own guy in there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
I read a couple days ago Gardenhire was a done deal.

Ausmus is an Ivy League educated ex-catcher. I don't know how he can be blamed for the Tigers sucking this year, but it looks to be a case of a new GM wanting his own guy in there.

Rumors that Ausmus could be the guy in San Diego

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
I really think if the Sox are serious about being a MLB baseball team, they'll actually get a MLB manager.

RV should be canned.

I agree. Its not personal its just business. Your goal is to get better right? You can do better than Ventura.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
I would love Gardy to get a shot at our roster.

Gardy would probably shoot our roster. I think guys like Gardy wont work. His success was he and the organization were on the same page on how to play baseball. There was a time he criticized the farm system for lack of fundamentals and that puts you closer to the chopping block when that happens.

I would bet most experienced managers would not want to be here.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 06:00 AM)
[troll]RV replacment? How about that Ozzie guy? [/troll]

Ok, if the mods want me to cease and desist, just ask. But I've been thinking about this. ... In light of Danks' and Beckham's quotes in that article ... how bout a return to Oz? Yes as White Sox manager.

He knows how to motivate baseball players to get off their high paid asses and compete. He makes the game fun. He is able to take the pressure off lousy players like Melky and LaRoche by being a colorful manager.

How bout a one-year contract for Ozzie with tons of incentives. Ozzie loves money. Sign him one year for 1.2 million. He gets 200,000 if at season's end Reinsdorf decides he was good with the media and not too controversial. He gets 200,000 for a Central title and 100,000 for a wildcard berth. He gets 800,000 if we reach the ALDS and 1 million if we win the world series.

Meanwhile, Robin gets promoted to Buddy Bell's job. Bell is fired!!!

I like this a lot.

Please, Ozzie Guillen can manage. We all know that.

-- I am serious. If this post is out of line let me know and I'll stop. I was suspended over Ozzie/Jenks arguments in the past and would like to stay qualified to post.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
Not me. Gardy is a dinosaur. He's opposed to modern analytics and in this day and age that's just a no go. He's a crusty old bastard too.

I've never got that from Gardenhire. Seemed to be a pretty chill guy who wins. He's got that TWTW!!!!